There is 4 or 5 BBC channels or try one of the others like usachannels

Edited by Zatek

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys, so yesterday i tried downloading Kodi 16.1 Jarvis as per the instructional video. I thought i had done everything as per the video but when ever i tried setting up the wiz config and or the featured addons i got the following "handshake timed out" error message

post-46817-0-31561000-1483940600_thumb.jpg

This same message came when i tried installing addons like sport devil, 1 channel etc.

When trying to play an addon which was installed i got this message

post-46817-0-32665200-1483940709_thumb.jpg

This morning i did however one xfinity addon "Z movies" to play, but thats about it. Any idea of how to proceed? should i uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks in advance

What have you installed on PC, Rasbpi, Android box?  Where did you download the version of Kodi from as link on OP thread does not work?

Looks like a corrupted installation of Kodi that has not installed all the dependencies.

Try downloading from here and re-installing https://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi/

I installed kodi on my laptop. When I go to wiz configuration to click on windows it gives the same handshake timeout error. I got the link off the video clip can't remember what it was but your link looks fimiliar.

I installed kodi on my laptop. When I go to wiz configuration to click on windows it gives the same handshake timeout error. I got the link off the video clip can't remember what it was but your link looks fimiliar.

Not sure or what you mean by wiz configuration?  you talking about the kodi in built configuration wizard? https://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

No idea then as it should load all the general addon (most of which I uninstall). You making sure you installing the correct wizard for the OS of your laptop?

You don't need the wizard to run kodi and can just install the addons you want to use

No idea then as it should load all the general addon (most of which I uninstall). You making sure you installing the correct wizard for the OS of your laptop?

You don't need the wizard to run kodi and can just install the addons you want to use

Thanks for the help. I will uninstall and reinstall using the link you provided.

Anyone had any trouble using SportsDevil addon?

I can see streams for Premier League football but none work when I select them?

are you using windows 10?

as you can simply download kod via the store.

then add your addons 

Not sure or what you mean by wiz configuration?  you talking about the kodi in built configuration wizard? https://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

That is not a built-in Kodi wizard. It is an addon, built by another group.

Kodi is not to blame here, but the addon. 

From the above page for the addon:

"Please note that our Kodi Addons are unofficial and although they are quite popular, these Kodi Addons are not the intended official use of Kodi."

I've used Kodi for many years, and every time I had problems with it, it was because of some or other plug-in, which once uninstalled/removed (sometime near-surgically) caused the problems to disappear.

The core application worked consistently well at what it it aimed at (managing local media)

We've been using Kodi on our laptop for the TV a few months now and on Android Tablets without hassles. Now Wifey got an iPad and wants Kodi on there as well. We looked at a few joootjoob vids but seems like quite a process to go though. Anyone here with a better (read: easier) way so that non computer geniuses like me can understand?

Thanks guys :blush:

We've been using Kodi on our laptop for the TV a few months now and on Android Tablets without hassles. Now Wifey got an iPad and wants Kodi on there as well. We looked at a few joootjoob vids but seems like quite a process to go though. Anyone here with a better (read: easier) way so that non computer geniuses like me can understand?

Thanks guys :blush:

Kodi is not available on the iOS App Store. Check Kodi website for instructions on how to load it.

If you just want to access local media have a look at Plex for the iPad

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to find a reliable stream on kodi for the Australian open. I do have sports devil but can't seem to find a stream in english. Anybody else have any luck?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk