Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

Watched some of the cricket on BT3, but the picture and sound was'nt in sync. Just switched back to my ss2 stream

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

star sports 2 for the cricket is great

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That only applies if you using Raspbian OS

if you using one of the other options like i'm using Openelec, then is Kodi Built into an OS.

you switch it on it Boots straight to Kodi, the reason to do this is its makes the build more lighter, less resource intensive, and with the Raspberry pi you need all the Resources you can get, 

which is what most people use.

Openelec =  Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center

its just a comprehensive build with the media front end packaged, it still running the Linux OS below it.

Might be 'lighter' in that all the other functionality / libs of a full-on Linux OS aren't there, but it wont make it any faster.

Openelec =  Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center

its just a comprehensive build with the media front end packaged, it still running the Linux OS below it.

Might be 'lighter' in that all the other functionality / libs of a full-on Linux OS aren't there, but it wont make it any faster.

Never said it would be faster..

where the lightness comes in though is on Downloaded file trans-coding.. you need as much resources as possible for higher quality videos, so add a full OS lib plus Kodi on a Pi, especially the earlier versions... and expect issues.. that's where the Embedded Kodi comes into the fore..

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all

I moved into my new apartment over the weekend and finally have a "stable" line. Currently running a 4mb VDSL uncapped line.

I managed to get KODI running from my laptop (this will have to suffice for now) and have the following add-on's:

1) SALTS

2) Youtube

3) Vimeo

4) SLAM! (this is a waste, just installed it by mistake)

SALTS allows me to watch most of the series and movies I'm looking for. However can you possibly suggest where to find the following content:

1) Sport: Cycling, Rugby, Cricket and extreme sports

2) Shows that would air on Discovery like "Forge and Fire".

My apologies for not running through the thread, I will read the whole thread over the holiday.

Regards

H

Good morning all

I moved into my new apartment over the weekend and finally have a "stable" line. Currently running a 4mb VDSL uncapped line.

I managed to get KODI running from my laptop (this will have to suffice for now) and have the following add-on's:

1) SALTS

2) Youtube

3) Vimeo

4) SLAM! (this is a waste, just installed it by mistake)

SALTS allows me to watch most of the series and movies I'm looking for. However can you possibly suggest where to find the following content:

My apologies for not running through the thread, I will read the whole thread over the holiday.

Regards

H

1) ZemTV, Sportsdevil, Phoenix

2) Phoenix, Goodfellas, FilmonTV, USTVNOW

movies I'm looking for. However can you possibly suggest where to find the following content:

Regards

H

I still run Exodus - and there is no show that I have not seen

for sport  - install the android app mobdro..you wont look back

I still run Exodus - and there is no show that I have not seen

for sport  - install the android app mobdro..you wont look back

Just downloading Bluestacks to run Mobdro, do you then run KODI through Mobdro? Or is Mobdro an add-on for KODI?

1) ZemTV, Sportsdevil, Phoenix

2) Phoenix, Goodfellas, FilmonTV, USTVNOW

Awesome thanx!!