Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

I have Kodi 17.3 on RPi, has anybody managed to get a browser add-on working? Want to use it for DSTV, same as what I do on notebook

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody also been struggling with certain add on's? Getting a verification notice on Covenant and Exodus 

Anybody also been struggling with certain add on's? Getting a verification notice on Covenant and Exodus 

are you talking about the openload stream verification notice?

Are people still running Kodi? Haven't been able to get a decent stream on Covenant, Exodus or Specto for a while.

Are there still add-ons that are working?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Are people still running Kodi? Haven't been able to get a decent stream on Covenant, Exodus or Specto for a while.

Those 3 still work but not as well as they used to. You can still stream but they often buffer, and movies seems to be where the quality and availability is really lacking.

Those 3 still work but not as well as they used to. You can still stream but they often buffer, and movies seems to be where the quality and availability is really lacking.

at the beginning of the year the UK gov allowed the take down and blocking of illegal streaming servers. this was mainly targeted at the sports streaming sites, but has had a much more far reaching impact, and since then streaming through the likes of Spekto and Exodus has been problematic..

and thus I've stopped using Kodi for that purpose.. i Still use Kodi as its original intended purpose of a media player, 

I gave up on Kodi a while ago due to my android media player not being upgradable.

It was fairly unlikely that the addons would stay functional though because of their nature.

Still using Kodi on a Pi as well as an android box.  And still using sportsdevil, Exodus, Salts, Specto and a few other like Bennu (Phoenix original).

Earlier in the year when the likes of tvaddons was taken offline with legal action and a lot of the addons affected, they seemed to have regrouped, found new hosting servers and are back up and running with new domains and links

I got gatvol of kodi and my Rasberry pi. So mine is for sale with kodi loaded if anyone wants it.

Bought a my gica. The keyboard it comes with sucks but I had a keyboard remote from my Pi which I'm using. I also bought a wireless mouse and 4 port USB hub (the my gica only has 2 usb ports) Connected my hard drive with all my music on it and done!

• Installed showbox (android based movie & series streamer) 
  • I skollied the DSTV now app from my sister in law
  • Installed Xive for doccies
  • Installed youtube (Most of the stuff I like to watch is on youtube anyway)
  • Installed Redbull TV
  • It has an android movie and music player pre installed
  • Installed some youtube based music video playlist (i can't remember the name but there are loads)
  • I still run kodi but only for an addon called motorsport replays (bit of a motorsport fan)

And that is my current setup.

I got gatvol of kodi and my Rasberry pi. So mine is for sale with kodi loaded if anyone wants it.

Bought a my gica. The keyboard it comes with sucks but I had a keyboard remote from my Pi which I'm using. I also bought a wireless mouse and 4 port USB hub (the my gica only has 2 usb ports) Connected my hard drive with all my music on it and done!

• Installed showbox (android based movie & series streamer)
  • I skollied the DSTV now app from my sister in law
  • Installed Xive for doccies
  • Installed youtube (Most of the stuff I like to watch is on youtube anyway)
  • Installed Redbull TV
  • It has an android movie and music player pre installed
  • Installed some youtube based music video playlist (i can't remember the name but there are loads)
  • I still run kodi but only for an addon called motorsport replays (bit of a motorsport fan)
And that is my current setup.
Add Mobdro to that list for live TV from UK and USA

I use Kodi as a media player only now as well. All my mindless TV is done with Mobdro. RedbullTV for the good stuff and I think I am going to have to start using Youtube a but more.

Edited by Grebel

Amazon fire stick named best home streaming device in some awards ceremony that read big enough to make sky news.. Just caught the back end of the story

Kodi is becoming painful... We resorted to setting up a download service and using Plex again...