seat post slipping

Sloggy

I have tried everything to try stop my seat post slipping down

1.clean the pipe 

2.clean the clamp

3.got a giant man with forearms to clamp it tighter than my spaghetti arms

what can i do. next step is to may be replace the clamp (least expensive)

then i am going to try replacing the seat post

You sure it is the right size seatpost and not too small in diameter?

Sounds like the seatpost is too small, quick, cheap and easy, cut a coke can to make a shim

I had this problem before is the seat post's paint chipped off so its all patchy where it clamps?

Mine was and no matter what I did I couldn't keep it from slipping.  I eventually just bought another stem here on the hub a lighter better quality one and wasn't that expensive.

Anywhere where carbon is one of the materials involved, use carbon paste.

Will save you a lot of hassles further down the line.

I eventual got one of those extra bottle holder mounts that you use to install a seat pole water bottle, and secured it on the seat post where i wanted it to stop.

I had the same problem with my titanium frame and Thomson seatpost. Had a Red Bull can as a shim, but it still used to slip, even with the Hope clamp tightened beyond spec.

Changed to a Thomson seatclamp, lost the shim and it hasn't moved at all, and its tightened to the stated torque.

Had a problem with a seat post where the post was 30.8 mm and the frame was 31.4. Replaced the seat post with a 31.4 mm post and the problem was sorted.

Also use the seat clamp that tightens with an allen key. It can achieve much more torque than a hand clamp.

My aluminium frame cracked where the top tube is welded to the seat tube, frame was replaced (warranty) and problem went away.

Question is if you always had the problem or if it started recently?

When you have it fixed its always a good idea to use some sort of assembly paste (or grease) to keep the elements out. Stuck seat post is no fun!

Pity you dont specify what tipe of frame. Anti seize paste is a good idea anyway. If all else fails and frame is aluminium. Try one of these.

post-37246-0-52856400-1452702958_thumb.jpg

Clamps both the seatpost and the frame.

You sure it is the right size seatpost and not too small in diameter?

Sounds like the seatpost is too small, quick, cheap and easy, cut a coke can to make a shim

^This was the problem with my anthem, seatpost when measured with a vernier caliper was smaller than it should be. Replaced it with a rapide posts and everything is great now.

Im now using a qr seatclamp and hardly need any force to keep it in place.

Edited by Rocket-Boy

Pity you dont specify what tipe of frame. Anti seize paste is a good idea anyway. If all else fails and frame is aluminium. Try one of these.

attachicon.gifDSC_0596.JPG

Clamps both the seatpost and the frame.

that is brilliant

thanks guys 

my current seat post is 30.8  you could be right

may be i need a 31.6

Second thing is a new seat post, really getting to the end of my patience

I did yesterday buy a new seat post clamp with an alen key tightening system

will report back

Dubin - brilliant idea

I did this on a bike and it worked like a charm ,use a length of white PVC conduit tubing insert down in down tube and into seat-post ...cut to length to get your ride height...you wont be able to adjust your ride height out on a ride but it'll slop the slip