Constantia Greenbelt Trail news and updates

Bicyclegear

Maybe not but the incident will ring through the hills like the sound of musi

"Dont scare animals and give them room"

Thats *** English.

Do they mean, Don't scare animals and don;t give them room or

do they mean, Don't scare animals and DO give them room.

have we learnt nothing from the Old Testament

Thou Shalt not

Thou Shalt not

Thou Shalt etc etc etc

no ambiguity

Take the animal home to your room is clearly what they meant to say...

Animals in the green belts are limited to turd expelling hounds, the odd horse, alien invasive squirrels and a few Hadedas and raptors. Dogs and their overprotective owners are by far the biggest issue. Some people seem to have herds of them. Raptors sometimes do find their way onto the ground - some owl species seem to like sitting on the ground at times while the buzzards and such like are only on the ground when taking prey. 

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please help

I rode from Peddlars to the top of the Diep River Trail this afternoon. I landed up across the security hut. Where does the trail lead from there? I could not find the trail from there and headed back to lower Tokai.

Once again to all those who made this trail possible a big thanks

Did the trail for the first time this evening, sure is a good trail, started Lower Tokai side. If I had know I was so close to the end, I wouldn't have turned back, but did as preferred to be closer to home when twilight is around.

Thanks to all for making this trail possible.

I rode the trail today. Dropped in at the bottom of Silverhurst and headed south. Missed a sign on Spaanschemat Road so did a bit of a loop on tar but eventually found the trail again. Went as far as the Keysers River trail head, I assume this is as far south as it goes? I then did the trail in reverse. Turned around at the top of the steep bit at Bel Ombre Meadow. Does it go any further than this? Really enjoyed the trail. Great signage and a great workout. Will definitely be riding it at least once or twice a week. A huge thank you to all that were involved in its inception.

ya i am wondering if this an adopt a pet drive.

I could like a raptor hey

I are finking a raptor on your skouer while you are riding are too cool

I rode the trail today. Dropped in at the bottom of Silverhurst and headed south. Missed a sign on Spaanschemat Road so did a bit of a loop on tar but eventually found the trail again. Went as far as the Keysers River trail head, I assume this is as far south as it goes? I then did the trail in reverse. Turned around at the top of the steep bit at Bel Ombre Meadow. Does it go any further than this? Really enjoyed the trail. Great signage and a great workout. Will definitely be riding it at least once or twice a week. A huge thank you to all that were involved in its inception.

From there you have to do a short bit of tar and then there is another great bit of single track that'll bring you to the top of Southern Cross Drive.

I think you missed out on the best bits. There's a tar link between the Diep River trail and Bel Ombre meadow sections. If you were going up hill you needed to take Avenue Beauvais and take a left onto Diep River the trail as it turns sharp right down the hill. Check out Google maps.

I think you missed out on the best bits. There's a tar link between the Diep River trail and Bel Ombre meadow sections. If you were going up hill you needed to take Avenue Beauvais and take a left onto Diep River the trail as it turns sharp right down the hill. Check out Google maps.

so Headshot ... how long does your loop take you?

Its about 6km from my house to Southern Cross Drive and about 20km to Tokai, coffee at Tribakery, around the Southern Tokai loop and home, witch makes for about 33km in total.

Screen shot of my ride on Saturday (starting from Southern Cross Drive)

post-615-0-24151800-1455798453_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

Rode the trail for 2nd time yesterday after work. I'd like to reiterate the thanx to all involved regardless how big/small.

Surprisingly ALL dog and dog walker encounters where pleasant. Even a dog that came screaming out of a property in one of the linking roads was curious more than anything.

Quick question though, once at the top of Southern Cross we usually turn around and head back down the way we came. If you take a right at rhodes drive at the top, is there a link to an Alphen trail to come down that way or did I misread one of the maps?

I ended up across the security hut after exiting the Diep River trail at the top - where does the trail go from there?

I turned around and headed back to Lower Tokai

Edited by Bloukrans

Well done for all the hard work to connect trails and upgrade, great local alternative, just bought a bell, No1 request from all walkers!

Well done for all the hard work to connect trails and upgrade, great local alternative, just bought a bell, No1 request from all walkers!

I never thought I'd say this, but after the other day on the greenbelts, I think a bell is cool. Now to find a chilled one!

I ended up across the security hut after exiting the Diep River trail at the top - where does the trail go from there?

I turned around and headed back to Lower Tokai

That is the end! :thumbup:

, I think a bell is cool. Now to find a chilled one!

BBB has a nice small one at Sportsman's for R70 I have been using mine 4 about 4 months now...Lots of compliments and some ice cream requests.

mounted mine sort of sideways on the bars at breaklever with the trigger clanger facing up so easy to flick with my thumb