Deliberate hit and run in Cradle - Help ID Culprit

Furbz

True. A South African phenomenon.

However, I agree with it in this case. Going after this guy with guns blazing may win the battle, but it will lose the war.

There is a good reason I say this. I always drive from home, park somewhere in the Cradle, then ride - like many people.

While driving, there has never been one single occasion that I have not seen at least one cyclist doing something stupid and dangerous. It happens all the time. For this guy, and all the residents, weekends must be a very frustrating time.

We are our own worst enemy, and we are experts at pissing people off. Even reasonable people will eventually reach the end of their rope and snap. I think that's what happened in this case.

Yep, I have had the exact same experience from cyclists on suicide missions in Cedar Road et al. Does not help our cause at all. Hope Cruiser 79 can undergo a change of heart, unfortunately you cannot fight anger with anger. I have tried, unsuccessfully, many times in my life.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is trying to kill a cyclist with your vehicle any different to a case of attempted murder where the perpetrator used a knife, gun or baseball bat?

This guy should be prosecuted and the law should take its course. There are no sides here, or us vs them. If he walks free from this without any consequence he'll most likely end up bragging around his braai about this incident. 

How is trying to kill a cyclist with your vehicle any different to a case of attempted murder where the perpetrator used a knife, gun or baseball bat?

This guy should be prosecuted and the law should take its course. There are no sides here, or us vs them. If he walks free from this without any consequence he'll most likely end up bragging around his braai about this incident. 

He seems like the type who would buy those big TexMex steaks at Checkers. Those ones that can cover a whole Weber grid, not that a real Cruiser driver would ever been seen braaing on a Weber come to think of it...

If furbz version is accurate, then this guy is an immature irresponsible person.

Further, if it's the same driver ( white 79 Cruiser)that the other hubbers reported to drive dangerously, then the only way he is ever going to learn is the hard way.

You can sit down and have a chat with a mature, responsible adult. It will have the desired affect. This guy does not fall in this category.

Yes some cyclists do stupid and dangerous things- does that give you a reason to hate them, run them over. Have this plonker ever thought about the consequences if he hit a rider? probably not.

Everyday I see motorists do stupid, reckless, irresponsible things. What if truckers and bus drivers starts to act towards them in the same way that some motorists act towards cyclists.

Who are you tree HUGGERS

Where is the hub mob???

The only reason he wants to make "friends" he knows he is in a corner, trust me it's not like he was sitting at home praying that the cyclist is alive and well before he was tracked down, if you are all worried about his perception of cyclists trust me the "drama" he is already going through Has made him hate us more already, forget kumbaya START SINGING EYE OF THE TIGER RATHER

We are a funny bunch alright!

Play some 'eye of the tiger', so he can a proper hiding, then pass me the peace pipe... :whistling:

Driving too close for safety = a threat.

Flipping the bird = insult

These actions are antisocial but not crimes.

Pulling your vehicle onto the demarcated shoulder in front of two cyclists and then slamming the brakes with no valid emergency or defensive reason = armed assault

By all means meet the guy and mutually apologise for any rude and inconsiderate behaviour from either side....but a crime is a crime and should be prosecuted by the state. The ultimate objective is to protect other citizens in future and this will not be achieved by a gentlemanly settlement between the initial protagonists. This guy needs to get the message that his society does not accept his behaviour. He should get an appropriate fine and a suspended sentence at the very least.

Driving too close for safety = a threat.

Flipping the bird = insult

These actions are antisocial but not crimes.

Pulling your vehicle onto the demarcated shoulder in front of two cyclists and then slamming the brakes with no valid emergency or defensive reason = armed assault

By all means meet the guy and mutually apologise for any rude and inconsiderate behaviour from either side....but a crime is a crime and should be prosecuted by the state. The ultimate objective is to protect other citizens in future and this will not be achieved by a gentlemanly settlement between the initial protagonists. This guy needs to get the message that his society does not accept his behaviour. He should get an appropriate fine and a suspended sentence at the very least.

Or attempted murder......

If they cannot even get a proper conviction and sentence for the killer of Burry, what chance of even getting a prosecution for this "misdemeanor"?

I don't want to derail the thread but HOW COULD SOMEONE POSSIBLY FEEL JUSTIFIED in causing injury to anyone?????

Keeps the boxing industry going, if not WWE.

Or attempted murder......

Yes but difficult to prove that was the intention. The lesser charge of assault is clearly supported by the evidence....an impact occurred and was initiated by the agressor and injuries were sustained by a victim who apparently was offering no threat at the time.