Are we being infiltrated?

Pikey

Perhaps english isn't his first language? It would explain:

'Shimano 9/10 times, convertible fold to 11'

Maybe he doesn't want his wife to know what the rims are really worth?

It would explain the firefox private browsing mode.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt here.

Bottom Line.

Anyone anyone selling something that unique should place a far more descriptive ad. 

But since he hasn't. Anyone who is interested should ask specific questions about the wheels before purchase. Dialogue regarding details can quickly confirm or refute any suspicion.

i get you,on everything you said. My issue is the conflicting stories he pm'd me compared to his ad. Hopefully who ever is interested see's this and is cautious. If alerting dodgy ads saves one scam,post succeeded .

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The legit guys with not the strongest English normally apologise in the ad that their wording may be a little off kilter if it's a wordy ad. That's why too many big words, ie using Google translate and no acknowledgment that the grammar may be way out is a red flag.

Edited by Skylark

I had a PM from a person end of last week asking me funny questions how CRC works.  :wacko:

Also very weird English and zero posts in the hub.

I deleted the message STAT.  (should have kept it and altered Admin)

Anyone with a similar incident? 

PS: If I deleted someone's legitimate attempt at inquiring knowledge I apologise. 

PPS:  My English is not very good either, according to my wife. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Me - I would never buy anything without seeing the product first and swapping cash and product at the same time.

EFTing then praying is not my style!

If he don't have plenty posts or isn't active on thehub then treat it with caution.

Ultimately if the deal is too good to be true it probably is. Don't let your excitement/greed subdue your logic....

Much as Rouxtjie has taken flak for the 1000 posts rule - I reckon it'll remove 99% of dud deals.

I had a PM from a person end of last week asking me funny questions how CRC works.  :wacko:

PS: If I deleted someone's legitimate attempt at inquiring knowledge I apologise. 

Please alert admin and perhaps he can see those messages in the archive. Worthwhile to investigate.

PS. You're english seems well

The legit guys with not the strongest English normally apologise in the ad that their wording may be a little off kilter if it's a wordy ad. That's why too many big words, ie using Google translate and no acknowledgment that the grammar may be way out is a red flag.

The fact that his english is worse than mine gave him away ...the Black Maria will be aving him .

And a quick R2k price drop on a item that is only R10k ...mmmm something pen & inks

Me - I would never buy anything without seeing the product first and swapping cash and product at the same time.

EFTing then praying is not my style!

If he don't have plenty posts or isn't active on thehub then treat it with caution.

Ultimately if the deal is too good to be true it probably is. Don't let your excitement/greed subdue your logic....

Much as Rouxtjie has taken flak for the 1000 posts rule - I reckon it'll remove 99% of dud deals.

Thats what scammers pray on,our excitement,greed and losing our heads.

Me personally I wouldn't touch them for R5k or R5 for that matter, if someone buys them and proves me wrong I will be the first to say well done,,,,,me I say nahhhhh I'll pass

@Eldron

The real effect...

I'm sure you are right, but how many real sellers will be disqualified? The market might also drop by 99% :whistling:

There are many hubbers selling and buying and not really getting involved in the forum side. And even other hubbers mostly reading and not really commenting.

Another one . . .

Senzo Mncadi

"Hi

Im keen on the bike? How can i have it transferred to Joburg upon purchase and have a secured sale?

Please advise"

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=488276&st=0#msg1261570

Edited by IH8MUD

I reported it to admin. 

It just does not sounds right. 

And I am not even selling any bike . . . 

It just popped up on PM list just after I placed an advert looking for a bike frame. 

Edited by IH8MUD

so once again it comes down to I have to speak more (posts) before you will buy from me.... luckily I hate selling anything bike or horse related so you guys are safe. :clap: