• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A year ago today.

https://youtu.be/N24dsG6IfmI

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser4.Img1_edit.jpg

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser3.Img1.jpg

attachicon.gifBOOTH,ROB R.Ser2.Img1.jpg

Back on the road bike, still have the pathetic goal of 179 minutes or less and hopefully I'll stay upright for a few more weeks.

Legs are strong but the shoulder is way off where a normal shoulder is. I'm grateful my surgeons were able to save some shoulder use, the extent of the damage could quite easily meant complete loss of functionality.

And this from hitting the deck in a clean fall at 43 kph.

Hopefully I'll be able to take the metal out sometime this year. But I'm not looking forward to that visit back to hospital.

Goodluck !  I will be going in for xrays soon and hope the get the clear to remove the metal.

Where are you seeded thiss year Rob?

Sure it will be this year!!

# at 6:25

Said Guy suggested I ride in racing tandems with him. The only good thing I can say about being a stoker on a racing tandem is that building the bike has been fun.

Or Bionic Robbie

I would say yes if he had any muscles left in his torso.... but I am not sure he ever did have any.... :)

Between 6 compression fractured vertebrae and the trifecta of fractured clavicle, scapula and glenoid at least I now have the valid excuse that upper body exercise is off limits. But the downside is bits of metal sticking out all over the place.

Not sure these are SFW.

post-35786-0-08604100-1487584941_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-14289000-1487584942_thumb.jpg

Goodluck !  I will be going in for xrays soon and hope the get the clear to remove the metal.

I reckon I should stack up all the things that need to be done under general and get them done at once.  After all I'm paying 5 star prices to get a crappy bed and worse food after the op. Don't even start with the quality of the TV in the ward. 1976 version from when TV launched in SA?

Geez man and the other day when we where chatting on whatsapp and I complained about dropping a chain to miss the sub 3 you said I was unlucky. Your story is A LOT worse.

See you at the start and we will work together for that sub3!!!!!!

Between 6 compression fractured vertebrae and the trifecta of fractured clavicle, scapula and glenoid at least I now have the valid excuse that upper body exercise is off limits. But the downside is bits of metal sticking out all over the place.

Not sure these are SFW.

Could have been worse.... at least you are walking around....

I'm not sure if i'll get my sub3 sorted for Argus or marathon running first?!

Another advantage of 6 compression fractured vertebrae, apparently running is out of the question. Not that I was ever tempted anyway.

That is a lot of metal you have in that shoulder - how much does it weigh? Incredible skill these surgeons have. Marvellous that they could restore at least some function.

Good luck with that sub 3.  :thumbup:

Luckily, I've done mine and can now relax (just don't ask which year........or I'll have to admit that it was the "Argus Lite" year :blush:

Gees, and I thought my missing a Sub 3 was a hard luck story, it pales by comparison. Good luck for 2017 and bloody well done on your persistence, may the rewards come thick & fast :thumbup:

cant seem to open your youtube link. Please post again.

I can certainly relate to your story as I know what it feels like to narrowly miss out on a sub 3 argus. The year before I finally cracked it, I came in with a time of 3:00:03....doesn't get much closer than that.

Good luck, your chance will come!

Archived