Dropper seat post that wont break the bank

herrowpreeze

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a good length of travel to look out for?

Is it even worth going for a 65mm or is 100mm the minimum for CO & trail riding?

Been riding a tmars dropper on my second bike for about a month. No issues thus far. Cheapie - got it here on the hub for R1000 (last 27.1 the seller had). Not as good as my reverb, but on price/function, I'd say that for the price of a reverb service or two, you can't beat the tmars.

I have one of these. http://cyclefactory.co.za/forca-dropper-post/ Its not completely without its problems but its been reliable and I've yet to service it. It does develop a bit of play but honestly it doesn't bug me that much. Its totally worth it though. Love my dropper. If I didn't need 27.2 I probably would have bought something different since there are a bunch of 30ish droppers under 3K but at 27.2 your options are limited. At some point I know this dropper will probably die and be irreparable. But honestly I can buy almost 3 of these before I get to the price of a ks lev and by that time I will probably have changed my frame and so will be able to consider more options.

I have one of these. http://cyclefactory.co.za/forca-dropper-post/ Its not completely without its problems but its been reliable and I've yet to service it. It does develop a bit of play but honestly it doesn't bug me that much. Its totally worth it though. Love my dropper. If I didn't need 27.2 I probably would have bought something different since there are a bunch of 30ish droppers under 3K but at 27.2 your options are limited. At some point I know this dropper will probably die and be irreparable. But honestly I can buy almost 3 of these before I get to the price of a ks lev and by that time I will probably have changed my frame and so will be able to consider more options.

This looks like a good option, how easy was it to install?

Archived