Category: MTB

Eselfontein MTB Festival

14-16 October 2016

3 Day MTB Stage race

Day 1, Friday 14 October 2016: 40km day/night - Starts @ 18:00

Day 2, Saturday 15 October 2016: 60km – starts @ 07:00

Day 3, Sunday 16 October 20416: 50km – Starts @ 07:00

Only 200 team (2/team) entries @R1500/team

Free Camping grounds provided for all entries.

Trail running

Saturday 15 October 2016: 10km fun run/walk – Starts @ 07:30

Saturday 15 October 2016: 21km trail run – Starts @07:30

Entry fee = R100 for both distances

Go to Event Page

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well I've just entered our team for the Eselfontein 3day. We spent a weekend there a couple of weeks ago and the trails are as awesome as ever. I honestly can't wait!

We created a unique and exciting event that is in a class of its own. An event where the rider gets to manage his/her own costs, spend a minimum time off work and ride the best single track variations on offer in the western cape. The track that has been prepared was designed especially for the mountain bike enthusiast over terrain that has been famous in the Ceres district for many years. We are proud what this unique format which includes a day/night section is destined to be a thrilling 3 day adventure.

Day one

This 40km will be a day\night ride starting at 6pm so the correct lights will be required. We expect  the average rider to do the last 20km in the dark. This section of track has been part of our normal night race of the festival over  the past few years and has a total elevation gain of 740m. It will be a bunch start but will have plenty of passing opportunities. The results from Day 1 will be used to seed the riders for the next day.

DISTACE:40km

ELEVATION GAIN.740M

SINGLE TRACK:30KM

Day two

This will be the ride of your life with a single track combination that will blow your mind and give you an all-over body workout from counter balancing your bike. The route is a combination of our trails that are open throughout the year that will include two famous climbs, “Death Drop” and “Dead Man” Walking. The last 25km will have no big climbs.

Distance:60km

Elev gain/loss:1400m

Single track:46km

Day three

Today is a all-new route where we  go up to the Bo Swaarmoed area for the first time. It is situated close to the infamous Matroosberg mountain. Most of your climbing will be done in the first 15 km before starting with a  single track which is mostly downhill all the way to the finish

Distance:50km

Elev gain/loss: 1200m

Single track:37km

The last day will finish with the normal uphill to the pipeline as a downhill,then a small climb up to the windmill and also downhill on the normal climb up to the windmill 

• 3 weeks later...

Entries is moving fast,only space for 100 teams left!!

Could we enter just for the day?

Day 2 preferrably

We used to come do the one day eselfontein festival. Will this still be running?

Just entered my wife and I - should be a proper mtb ride on superb trails...

Lekker! See you there!