RIFLE

mon-goose

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I was waiting for my turn on Friday a guy was busy with his shotgun competency... it sure makes a bang...

Amazing coincidence, both my two did their competency tests on Friday. Sommer for handgun, shotgun, rifle and auto all together. Doing the combo, basically you pay for 3 but get 4. The auto they are unlikely to ever need, but I thought it was fun, so included it. They said I was even more anal about safety than their instructor, which made me feel good!

Amazing coincidence, both my two did their competency tests on Friday. Sommer for handgun, shotgun, rifle and auto all together. Doing the combo, basically you pay for 3 but get 4. The auto they are unlikely to ever need, but I thought it was fun, so included it. They said I was even more anal about safety than their instructor, which made me feel good!

Doing it under the sport or hunting license or just getting the compliance done in the meantime? Edited by Gen

Doing it under the sport or hunting license or just getting the compliance done in the meantime?

Just getting the proficiency part done so they can apply for a competency certificates. The one is already old enough, the other is still a year short. Our "problem" is that the family and friends who don't feel like going through the re-licensing schlepp, keep offering us noise-sticks and we struggle to say no, just like with bikes. Gotta keep those family heirlooms from being destroyed by the philistines ! 

While I was waiting for my turn on Friday a guy was busy with his shotgun competency... it sure makes a bang...

Depends on the ammo you have in it as to how much noise and kick.

Depends on the ammo you have in it as to how much noise and kick.

Yeah I can imagine..I also don't plan on finding out... I bruise far too easy[emoji6]

Yeah I can imagine..I also don't plan on finding out... I bruise far too easy[emoji6]

lol ... I first read that as you "Booze too easy"!!!

3000 fun noises to be exact.........no..........there must be more behind  :thumbup:

They not all mine  :lol:

They were split three ways with two friends, we each took four cases.

I Just collected the load  ;)

Learning proper technique and skills is key. You can also use protective gear to help. Shooting the right way will leave very little bruising or injury. Couple of weeks ago I attended a clay shooting day. I Fired about 200 rounds for the day and didn't have any bruising. I Must add that I shoot regularly and for clays you use 7,5 28 gram loads witch doesn't have a lot of recoil. Hunting and self defense loads like AAA, SSG and SG are heavier and coarser and has quite a bit more sting.