RIFLE

mon-goose

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice... I got the 43's fat brother, the Glock 26. Hopefully I can get the license this year still, but it's looking less and less likely

Aaah

Yeah apparently competency is taking 5 months so who knows how long the license will take...maybe next year this time I can actually take ownership [emoji2356]

Well hubby landed yesterday and took me gun shopping this morning..... I am now the owner of a Glock..now for the rest of the paperwork and sitting around waiting before I can take ownership

I got Glock 43 -9mm par (9x19)

I looked at a few different pistols ..but that one seemed to be a better fit for me and is quite slim so more comfortable to carry...

Did you actually shoot any of the others or just hold them?

I did some

Bought a Glock 19 Gen4 years ago and loved it after 15 shots at the indoor range.Also felt a little pressured as all my mates had Glocks then.Went out to the range after getting my license and after 500 rounds i had blisters on my hands and hated it.A few weekends later the trigger stopped reseting and was replaced.At around 3000 rounds the firing pin broke and was replaced.Fortunately the shop had a client looking for a Glock 19 and gave me a good trade in.

Now have a S&W M&P9 with close to 6000 rounds through it without a single issue or stoppage.Other than my H&K USP compact the S&W is the best pistol I've ever used. 

Bought a Glock 19 Gen4 years ago and loved it after 15 shots at the indoor range.Also felt a little pressured as all my mates had Glocks then.Went out to the range after getting my license and after 500 rounds i had blisters on my hands and hated it.A few weekends later the trigger stopped reseting and was replaced.At around 3000 rounds the firing pin broke and was replaced.Fortunately the shop had a client looking for a Glock 19 and gave me a good trade in.

Now have a S&W M&P9 with close to 6000 rounds through it without a single issue or stoppage.Other than my H&K USP compact the S&W is the best pistol I've ever used. 

I was very lucky with my choice for my first gun.Bought a Beretta 92 P.First thing I did was swap out the crap plastic grips for a set of Pachmayr combat grips and cordura holster.Loved the beast.Trouble free from the day I bought it.Cleaned it after every shoot and it rewarded me.Sold when I moved to Botswana.No small firearms there.I am now looking for one.I like a heavy gun that sits down in my hand.Especially one that is trouble free and accurate.I wont buy anything else

I was very lucky with my choice for my first gun.Bought a Beretta 92 P.First thing I did was swap out the crap plastic grips for a set of Pachmayr combat grips and cordura holster.Loved the beast.Trouble free from the day I bought it.Cleaned it after every shoot and it rewarded me.Sold when I moved to Botswana.No small firearms there.I am now looking for one.I like a heavy gun that sits down in my hand.Especially one that is trouble free and accurate.I wont buy anything else

My experience also of the Beretta Model 92. Solid as a bulldozer. Bit big, bit heavy, but simply never let you down. The Italian made ones are the best. Some of the copies made elsewhere under license are a bit rougher. I know one with custom made stinkwood grips.

Edited by DJR

My experience also of the Beretta Model 92, Solid as a bulldozer. Bit big, bit heavy, but simply never let you down. 

My girlfriend and I used to hike alone in the high berg especially in winter and it never left my side pocket of my Karrimor..The other pocket was the equally indestructible Nikon FM2n with AIS 50mm 1.8 Pancake..the real one.(lol...this was said for the benefit of any 35mm okes lurking here)

Stolen by some footpad  but replaced last year.

Edited by Kranswurm

My experience also of the Beretta Model 92. Solid as a bulldozer. Bit big, bit heavy, but simply never let you down. The Italian made ones are the best. Some of the copies made elsewhere under license are a bit rougher. I know one with custom made stinkwood grips.

Not interested in the grips.First thing I will replace

But you are a bit of a Beretta fan

beretta-686-silver-pigeon-i.jpg

if you haven't already submitted your documents much earlier this year, there's no chance. Have you submitted your application

Yup, submitted June already

Edited by Craai

All this talk of pistols, need to get some reloading done and get my Colt Combat Commander .45 out on the range again. Haven't shot pistol since before lockdown. Have done some Clay Pigeon and Rifle shooting.

But you are a bit of a Beretta fan

I am. I like the history and tradition of the company. I also like that they are the only ones left who can claim to have been around from the very beginning of firearms. (If memory serves me right the first documented sale of their guns was somewhere in the 14 or 15 hundreds to the Republic of Venice.) They are still owned by the same family and making their guns in the same town. I like how they have managed to re-invent themselves and not just kept up with new technology, but to be leaders in new technology. At the same time they also kept some old world craftsmanship alive in especially their high end shotguns.

Edit: But if I have to be honest, my greatest fetish is for old English side by sides made from around 1900 to the 1930s. Both working guns and the finest quality ones.

Edited by DJR