Dealing with dissapointment, anger, hurt and stupidity (not for the squeamish)

Hey Slowbee. Just saw this thread. Eina!!!!

I won't be doing Sani this year due to a knee injury I picked up in December - nothing nearly as impressive as your injury though.

My wife will be doing it instead with a lady friend of ours.

Wishing you a speedy and full (as can be!) recovery. 

Hopefully see you and your wife at the 2017 Adventure.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lengths some people go to lose weight!

This is going to be difficult to hear, but take your time with the recovery. Once everything is back to "normal" start rebuilding the fitness. Do it too early you and you'll end up compensating somewhere, doing more damage to something else.

Anyway, now is the best time to be an armchair cyclist - the classics are approaching. Watching other people ride bikes is a close second to riding bikes yourself.

Slowbeeeeee

F.Y.I

2016 UCI MTB World Cup calendar:

Sjoe dealing with the disappointment and a nasty injury is a tough one, the injury only exacerbates it. Speedy recovery man!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to revive a bit of an old thread - but things are healing nicely.

If there is someone who wants our sani entry, pm me and lets talk business.

Accommodation, car transfer all included.

sorry to revive a bit of an old thread - but things are healing nicely.

If there is someone who wants our sani entry, pm me and lets talk business.

Accommodation, car transfer all included.

Some people will give an arm and a leg for that entry...and all Slowbee is asking for is a little piece of toe... ;)

I have missed out on a fair amount because of silly injuries... There is always a next time. I went all the way to NZL last year and broke my wrist 2 weeks into a months holiday , literally 100m from the finish of a moto enduro.. I did miss out on loads of cool riding, but I can always (I hope eventually) go back... One event is not the be all and end all of life! Keep your entry and ride next year!

Some people will give an arm and a leg for that entry...and all Slowbee is asking for is a little piece of toe... ;)

Slowbee or not toebee... That is the question..

• 1 month later...

Archived