Dealing with dissapointment, anger, hurt and stupidity (not for the squeamish)

I would say a speedy recovery, but from all signs here, it seems you should follow your nic and take it slowly slowbee!

Ride an indoor trainer with one leg and keep the affected foot elevated whilst you are training. Give it a little more time and see how you feel.

How did you only have one toe get injured dude? Seems like you got off lucky with that!

The one toe thing is a mystery... they were repairing the wall today and it looks like a corner of one of the concrete slabs got me. But when I look at the wall now, it really is a dangerous design. But it is what it is.

There is just no more excuse for escaping the admin duties now......I cant even run to hide !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFOOOOKK that looks eina ... and here I was feeling sorry for myself stuffing up my little toe yesterday ... also could not even put slight pressure on my heal without the pain shooting me through the roof.

Looking back I am a woes and can fully appreciate your pain.

Heal well and heal soon!

FFOOOOKK that looks eina ... and here I was feeling sorry for myself stuffing up my little toe yesterday ... also could not even put slight pressure on my heal without the pain shooting me through the roof.

Looking back I am a woes and can fully appreciate your pain.

Heal well and heal soon!

the only thing worse than losing the top of your toe ...... selling your on one 26er single speed ....

Man that looks painful! I'm just over a broken wrist but now my wrist seems like only a bruise in comparison to your toe! Heal up quick and take it easy.

I would say a speedy recovery, but from all signs here, it seems you should follow your nic and take it slowly slowbee!

Ride an indoor trainer with one leg and keep the affected foot elevated whilst you are training. Give it a little more time and see how you feel.

How did you only have one toe get injured dude? Seems like you got off lucky with that!

The mind boggles...

the only thing worse than losing the top of your toe ...... selling your on one 26er single speed ....

I feel your pain, except I made the mistake twice ... a 26'er On One SS and a 29'er On One SS

speedy recovery mate...that is gona bug you for a long time...the healing process will happen in the normal time...it is the sensitivity part that you have to live with for a long time.

I feel your pain, except I made the mistake twice ... a 26'er On One SS and a 29'er On One SS

dont feel bad, it was only one mistake ..... the 26er .... 29er watts dat ?

and to well and truely hijack my won thread .. on one steel 650b ss ?

dont feel bad, it was only one mistake ..... the 26er .... 29er watts dat ?

and to well and truely hijack my won thread .. on one steel 650b ss ?

last comment. ..... I am currently investigating a on one 456 650b option to run ss :P

Foot bones are not toe bones... #justsaying ;)

Consider me reminded. I had forgotten about Phalanges...

oh dear.... well the anger, frustration and other stuff continue. Doc reckons another 10 days or so for the exposed bit to granulate over, and then another 2 weeks for the skin to cover completely and then another week or so for the skin to thicken sufficiently to fit into a cycling shoe. Still have to keep the foot elevated as much as possible - but next week he reckons I can start to try put pressure on the foot, but slowly does it. At least I might be able to move a bit more freely around the house.

a bit of a blow as I was using this to do a bit of base training for the Munga ride. Guess I am going to have to start all over again in a few weeks.

edit: added x ray to first post

oh dear.... well the anger, frustration and other stuff continue. Doc reckons another 10 days or so for the exposed bit to granulate over, and then another 2 weeks for the skin to cover completely and then another week or so for the skin to thicken sufficiently to fit into a cycling shoe. Still have to keep the foot elevated as much as possible - but next week he reckons I can start to try put pressure on the foot, but slowly does it. At least I might be able to move a bit more freely around the house.

a bit of a blow as I was using this to do a bit of base training for the Munga ride. Guess I am going to have to start all over again in a few weeks.

I'll buy the lunch this time. You've earned it... :)

Sorry to hear that Slowbee but don't keep yourself angry, it's not worth the admin. Also, try not to replay the incident all the time. Rather focus your energy on healing and dreaming for the future.

Theosophical Thursday Thought...

Archived