Dealing with dissapointment, anger, hurt and stupidity (not for the squeamish)

dude. I told you it'd be sore, when you sent me the original pic a few days ago! 

Looks proper painful, and I'm not surprised you can't put any weight on it. Rest up, man, and come back stronger. 

Eina ***... 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping ones toe is never pleasant.

I'm no doctor, but that appears to be a little more than a bump...

I hope you heal quickly and more importantly fully. There will be more races, just take care of the engine and you'll ride them all one day.

Drowning in your own self pity is not going to make things any easier.  Trust me I know.  At the moment I have permanent PMS as I am not allowed to exercise for 3 weeks following a ear operation (also caused by a stupid accident).  Also missing a triathlon that I had my heart set on in April.  But, I had a humbling experience yesterday.  I bumped into my neighbour yesterday.  She was in a car accident a month back, tyre blew and the car rolled 6 1/2 times. She has damaged both arms/shoulders and hasn't been able to do a thing for herself as she can't use either arm.  Made me realise I really have nothing to complain / sulk about.  Give yourself a kick up the backside and just realise **** happens.  Its life. 

While sitting on your backside, be proactive and find another goal for you and the wife to achieve this year.  Then you will have something else to look forward too.  If you sell your entry, use the money and enter Berg and Bush, its way more fun than Sani anyway.

Hope you heal up soon !

There was a cricketer, not sure of his name now. He injured his ring finger before a World Cup. Doctor told him he is out of the WC unless he decides to cut his finger off. He thought great idea and he went to the WC. There is hope for you Slowone

Awwwwww sorry about that Slowbee!  Loved following the Mrs' progress and disappointed that there won't be ride report from her.

Heal up soon!

That IS a blow - give it 10 days before deciding which way to go - you might be able to ride.

Might be worth a chat to the organisers to see if you can hold over your entry till next year - they have a long waiting list, so might be prepared to help - in general they are good guys, so nothing ventured nothing gained.

Heal up soon.

WOW that looks so! Heal up soon! 

Any Balance problems after loosing a bit of toe?

He should be fine balance wise with that - different story with the little toe.

Thanks for all the good words. There must be easier ways of getting out a ride than this.

But eish, as it heals it gets more painful! All the feeling is coming back and where skin has been ripped off, it kinda tingles a bit.

The most difficult thing is being still as I have to keep the foot elevated. It is such a mental game, as you "feel" fine but "should" not move.

When I do move its on crutches, so arms and chest getting a work out. Big time respect to those people who are on them full time!

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, we'll lets see what happens. Have a few questions to ask.

If there is anyone wanting to sell a w2w ticket, let me know. Apparently the MrsSlowbee thinks it might be a good idea ..... :wacko:

Edit: balance is not an issue - had it been the little toe or big toe, that would have been different

Edit: I see V12 already responded.

Thanks for all the good words. There must be easier ways of getting out a ride than this.

But eish, as it heals it gets more painful! All the feeling is coming back and where skin has been ripped off, it kinda tingles a bit.

The most difficult thing is being still as I have to keep the foot elevated. It is such a mental game, as you "feel" fine but "should" not move.

When I do move its on crutches, so arms and chest getting a work out. Big time respect to those people who are on them full time!

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, we'll lets see what happens. Have a few questions to ask.

If there is anyone wanting to sell a w2w ticket, let me know. Apparently the MrsSlowbee thinks it might be a good idea ..... :wacko:

Edit: balance is not an issue - had it been the little toe or big toe, that would have been different

Edit: I see V12 already responded.

Tell Mrs Slowbee about Berg and Bush, its easier to get into than w2w.

I would say a speedy recovery, but from all signs here, it seems you should follow your nic and take it slowly slowbee!

Ride an indoor trainer with one leg and keep the affected foot elevated whilst you are training. Give it a little more time and see how you feel.

How did you only have one toe get injured dude? Seems like you got off lucky with that!

Urgh that looks all kinds of painful. Sorry Slowbee, must be very upsetting to be in the situation you described.

Archived