[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in swapping start times? I got an 08:49 start, looking for something earlier...

earlier start times are earned... not given as a gift.

clearly his was !

I have zero road seeding, this being my first road event.

Looking forward to my lunchtime start, and pulling lots of tannies to a PB of 6 hours

What group you in? I'm riding with a friend who is riding for the first time from NN.

What group you in? I'm riding with a friend who is riding for the first time from NN.

Starting 9:26 LL - I updated the Hub start list.

Have not been focused. I am under no misconceptions about doing a good time.

Going for the experience more than anything else.

Edited by RocknRolla

Last year I was new to road events, and got a *** start of 08H30 or something.

This year 06H50. Muuuccchhh better.

I am in group MM, 9:32. Focused more on training and MTB, did not do races. However, still aiming for 4hrs, next year will be better.

Gotta do some road races so that I can get a better seeding next year. I will see some of you guys there at the end bunches...

• 2 weeks later...

I am in group MM, 9:32. Focused more on training and MTB, did not do races. However, still aiming for 4hrs, next year will be better.

Gotta do some road races so that I can get a better seeding next year. I will see some of you guys there at the end bunches...

6 years ago I started in "PP"...it was the LAST group and Wackhead still made a note of that, we were indeed the last group out LOL...

Only started cycling 6 weeks before the race (got a late entry substitution from someone) - was also my FIRST ever cycling race - the route was still on the N14 (I miss that, because long small-ish up and down hills are my strongest point) -  was very surprised to have a finish time of 3h39.

I was only 39th in the PP group, so there were a few racing snakes that started with us.

6 years on I would not want to miss even ONE year and totally love the race...just go out and enjoy it and good luck with the 4 hour bench mark...you might even do better than you think.

I see there quite a few hubbers in E & F . Is anyone interested in trying to get a small group together from those batches and aiming for a realistic time?

If there's enough of us we wouldn't necessarily have to worry about the other guys & gals in our group if we get dropped from them .

Just a thought not much time left,but would rather have some allies than foe's trying to drop me.

Edit: even D & E & F ? I suppose all defendant on who wants what for the race....time wise that is .

I had very close to the 3hr mark in my mind but not sure if doable.

Edited by Pikey