Best headphones for cycling?

Puncture Kid

I use by iPhone for listening to music while MTB. I put the phone in my bck pocket and route the cable under my shirt in front and out my collar to me ears. The problem is that the cable shifts down from the movement and then pulls the phones out my ear. Then I have to tug the cable back up...

Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave the iPhone at home and enjoy the sounds of the trail. And remember, your ears are essential instruments for a safe ride, whether on the trail or on the road.

Or you can look at a bluetooth headset. I have one for sale on the classifieds ????

Skullcandy xtFree BT headset

I hate it when guys cycle with head/earphones and dont hear you coming from behind up on them.

There are some cool headsets that don't need to be put into the ears, this allows ambient noises to still be heard, can take phone calls too, which is handy.

But I really cannot say it's a great idea to have earphone on while riding anything but an IDT. It's a safety thing, not just for you but those around you too.

It's a safety thing, not just for you but those around you too.

Agree 100%, it's absolute madness to ride "deaf" to what's going on around you...When I ride alone I massage my audio canals with the sounds of the 80's, but only ever one ear plugged in...also not at very high volume.

OP, also as Patch mentioned...check these out 

http://aftershokz.com/

http://www.takealot.com/all/?qsearch=Aftershokz&_sb=1&_dt=all&_r=1

alternatively you can also loop your cable around the bottom of your helmet strap to avoid too much movement.

Love cycling with earphones... Listen to my podcasts. There is a alert app on iphone to is actively listening, if a louder sounds is heart it mutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never cycle with earphones, you're a danger to those around you if you do..

If it's on a trainer than it's okay, but I doubt you're getting it to MTB on a trainer.

There are some cool headsets that don't need to be put into the ears, this allows ambient noises to still be heard, can take phone calls too, which is handy.

But I really cannot say it's a great idea to have earphone on while riding anything but an IDT. It's a safety thing, not just for you but those around you too.

I have a pair of these. They work quite well. I wear them primarily for the phone calls I get when out. I hate having to get off and dig the phone out of my camelback (yes I do have one for MTB!) so I can just answer by clicking a button on the 'phones. Makes me feel like I'm in Star Trek. I generally don't listen to music on them because I like to just hear the sounds on mother nature!

Love cycling with earphones... Listen to my podcasts. There is a alert app on iphone to is actively listening, if a louder sounds is heart it mutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey RoboJ. I have to say this post is weird..

These have served me well and I can ride without a helmut..........

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0195/8522/products/FloatQA_5-1.jpeg?v=1356707825

Archived