Best headphones for cycling?

Puncture Kid

Hate cyclists/runners with headphones, generally aren't aware of whats happening around them.

I make a point of making sure runners *** themselves when wearing headphones when I ride past. Generally most cyclists dont use them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided a while ago that I needed to listen to music while cycling, so did all of the research and ended up buying a set of Bose Sport Sie2 headphones.  I went on one ride and hated it - not for me.  But the headphones themselves are great!  Sweat resistant, they don't move at all, the sound quality is very good and most importantly they have an 'open' design which doesn't block out the outside sounds, so you can still hear everything and enjoy your music.

They also have a little clip to attach to your top to stop any cable tug.  My wife uses them for running now and loves them.  I've tried running with them too, and they really are good - you can still clearly hear the crunching of the ground under your feet, and birds chirping in the trees, but at the same time the music is crystal clear.  It's like voodo magic.

http://www.cnet.com/products/bose-sei2-sei2i/

NONE!

Just a by the way - the moment you hit a public road with earphones in your ears you are breaking the law.

Best headphones are NO headphones.

You become totally unaware of what is going on around you.

These have served me well and I can ride without a helmut..........

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0195/8522/products/FloatQA_5-1.jpeg?v=1356707825

This looks like porqui  :clap:

Hate cyclists/runners with headphones, generally aren't aware of whats happening around them.

I make a point of making sure runners *** themselves when wearing headphones when I ride past. Generally most cyclists dont use them.

I have it when people come from behind me while I got my earphones on listening to Bles Bridges and they scream and shout !!! 

Use these on IDT but never out on the bike, thats just looking for K#K

edit: added pic

Q- Are they lekker...........

A- Ja bra...........

There are some cool headsets that don't need to be put into the ears, this allows ambient noises to still be heard, can take phone calls too, which is handy.

But I really cannot say it's a great idea to have earphone on while riding anything but an IDT. It's a safety thing, not just for you but those around you too.

Open ear head phone, like these:

https://damsonaudio.com/products/damson-headbones-a-new-way-to-hear-sound-heareverything

The problem is that you can't hear a thing once the wind starts whistling past you. And they get uncomfortable after a while. Better just to go without.

These have served me well and I can ride without a helmut..........

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0195/8522/products/FloatQA_5-1.jpeg?v=1356707825

You are old????????

Agree with Ed - HR strap generally keeps it in place.   Also, I use first aid tape to keep the mic in place - I love speaking to the wife and kids if they phone me while out riding

Enjoy your music while enjoying yourself

I used to run with headphones until I realised how dangerous it was. As for riding...I like to hear what is going on around me

Lots of hate on this thread.

Me, I ride with skullcandy 50/50 in ear headphones. I have found that if the wire is under my shirt, in front it interferes with the data from the HR and i get intermittent readings.

I have never been accosted by anyone wanting to pass, or get irritated with me not hearing them asking for space.

I never race with them. I also don't wear them on social rides (when riding with a group).

Generally, I am fully aware of other riders (and non-riders) in my vicinity. When I see riders, I normally drop one earphone in case they want to chat, greet or say "get out the way you ignorant earphone wearing fiend"

So once again, if one engages a fair measure of common sense and consideration, not everything needs to be a huge issue.

My happy place is going for a ride in a quiet place with my ipod and the phones they came with .I remove them when i am near traffic thou 

Archived