Bobbo_SA

1 hour ago, thisismyotherbike said:

Even though I always ride with it, my UT800 annoys me plenty. 

It fiddles the light brightness way too often, especially when riding in groups where others have lights.  The battery life is short.  It takes forever to charge and it needs to be charged after every ride.

I hope they improve the design on the next iteration.  The smart light and control via ANT+ concept is awesome.  Daylight visibility mode is fantastic.

Regarding the RTL515 - best piece of kit I own.  The greatest step forward in rider safety this decade.

I have everything on auto so set to daytime flash for better battery life, they both  hook up to the light network on the edge and start as soon as Edge is activated by the speed sensor. And stop when I stop the edge recording,  both go to sleep when I switch off the edge,  wake up when I start the edge, also have a third party app to manually control the settings of both rtl515 and ut800....I know there a peleton setting but never used it, I ride alone ???? 

Doing about 150 ks a week, recharge the whole system about every 8 to 9 days....

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, thisismyotherbike said:

Even though I always ride with it, my UT800 annoys me plenty. 

It fiddles the light brightness way too often, especially when riding in groups where others have lights.  The battery life is short.  It takes forever to charge and it needs to be charged after every ride.

I hope they improve the design on the next iteration.  The smart light and control via ANT+ concept is awesome.  Daylight visibility mode is fantastic.

Regarding the RTL515 - best piece of kit I own.  The greatest step forward in rider safety this decade.

The RTL 515 is a great piece of kit. I hesitated at the price but TBH its really great having it now especially the feature which shows me how far behind me the cars are. Would not ride without it.

5 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

The RTL 515 is a great piece of kit. I hesitated at the price but TBH its really great having it now especially the feature which shows me how far behind me the cars are. Would not ride without it.

Agree, but it's not perfect....although I have not had any false positives or missed targets, I do still take a quick look behind when I need to, as before.....the best thing now tho' is knowing when to look behind....I have a fear of turning off course when I twist around, now I wait until the radar shows a gap to look back...lekka!

I have had one of the previous model versions (the square one) for some years now. I go nowhere without it. It works well and it has never given any trouble. It integrates with my 1030 and I can see how many of what is coming, roughly at what distance and it gives me an indication at what speed. I can only imagine that the new version is better. I understand that the basic device was originally invented by some lads in Stellenbosch who sold it to Garmin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ciovita kit on special on OneDayOnly

I got excited at the price of the Corsa Bibs only find no mediums in stock

Pirelli Cinturato tyres on a bit of a special (in theory at least, haven't checked against Evobikes etc) on Takealot, as long as you use the app.

3 minutes ago, HdB said:

Pirelli Cinturato tyres on a bit of a special (in theory at least, haven't checked against Evobikes etc) on Takealot, as long as you use the app.

good price compared to what I paid a few months back

1 hour ago, taito said:

Sad part is that the specials always run on non std sizes

That stuff has been on there before. It's the dregs that remain.