Maybe time to stop using Strava?

Paul Ruinaard

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not just make rides private? Does the whole world have to know what an individual did this weekend?

Or maybe just ride a bit more responsible?

responsible?

like cut in on tight corners, and not give way to faster noobs?

Nope, all that's necessary is that when you're riding a mixed-use trail and you see other  walkers/runners/horseriders ahead, you follow four simple rules.

1) Slow right down - slow jog speed.

2) Ring your bell. Get a bell if you ride mixed used trails a lot.

2) Pass (slowly) and give them right of way. Wheeled traffic yields to foot traffic, that's the rule.

4) Greet them in a friendly way.

If you can see far ahead and there's no-one on the trail, put foot, have a ball.

Reading this makes me glad my regular riding routes are MTB specific with no speed limits whatsoever

Not sure if you read the article before replying?

I dont think its an issue of how to ride. I think there is enough evidence out there of the speeds that people are doing and irrespective of the majority that may be good citizens there will always be a knob.

Or even a guy who rides at 4 am to avoid the crowds when its pretty uncrowded.

But haters are going to hate and a record now exist of the speed a KoM was doing on a segment - any segment, and to get a KoM you may be going pretty quick. Even on N Farms some of the speeds on the downhill segments scare the cr@p out of me and I am nowhere near the top of the leaderboard.

So they go the evidence that the MTBers are "speeding" right there on Strava....

Spruit hate again :whistling: . Lucky me I have Helderberg/Steilte.  Suck on that.  :ph34r:

Why can't everybody just not get along?

Guest notmyname

Spruit hate again :whistling: . Lucky me I have Helderberg/Steilte. Suck on that. :ph34r:

Lol. More of whining comes from the Cape. You know this.. admit it.

Not sure if you read the article before replying?

I dont think its an issue of how to ride. I think there is enough evidence out there of the speeds that people are doing and irrespective of the majority that may be good citizens there will always be a knob.

Or even a guy who rides at 4 am to avoid the crowds when its pretty uncrowded.

But haters are going to hate and a record now exist of the speed a KoM was doing on a segment - any segment, and to get a KoM you may be going pretty quick. Even on N Farms some of the speeds on the downhill segments scare the cr@p out of me and I am nowhere near the top of the leaderboard.

So they go the evidence that the MTBers are "speeding" right there on Strava....

The only time when someone needs to collect 'evidence' is when someone else was riding with no regard for any of the other trail users.

Spruit hate again :whistling: . Lucky me I have Helderberg/Steilte.  Suck on that.  :ph34r:

I liked, unliked, liked, unliked and liked again just so that i could like your comment multiple times.

I liked, unliked, liked, unliked and liked again just so that i could like your comment multiple times.

Could not resist.  I see the potential of a good Friday barney.

I see what you did there

Maybe cut the grass first then start analysing Strava. Great Friday topic. Check back tomorrow morning. 

Archived