Dopers suck

fandacious

Not just about doping but he does comment about doping and some of the current best GC riders.  Some interesting Team Sky, and more current, insights and very much looks like an all around fascinating read.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/oct/10/alex-dowsett-professional-cycling-is-fragile-billionaires-come-in-invest-and-get-blown-away

Edited by justinafrika

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Running related:

DOPING - The latest cases in road running (announced in October - early November 2023)
▶ PROVISIONAL SUSPENSIONS / SUSPENSIONS PROVISOIRES
KENYA 🇰🇪
● James Gikunga Karanja (norandrosterone) - PB 29:20 in the 10km. Last race: 2nd at the Jakarta 10km on October 22
● Esther Birundu Borura (norandrosterone) - PB 30:15 at the 2023 Valencia 10K
● Purity Temutai Komen (norandrosterone + Evading sample collection) - Winner of the 2023 Istanbul half marathon (1:06:30)
● Rebecca Jepchirchir Korir (methylprednisolone) - 2nd of the Harbin marathon in August 2023 / 2nd of the 2022 Kigali marathon. PB: 2:29:04
● Salina Jebet (19-norandrosterone) - PB 2:30:28 in the marathon, 3rd at the 2022 Tunis marathon (2:31:33)
RWANDA 🇷🇼
● John Hakizimana (triamcinolone acetonide) - Rwanda's record holder in the marathon (2:08:18 in Milano in April 2023, 9th at the 2023 World Championships)
▶ FINAL SANCTIONS / SANCTIONS FINALES
KENYA 🇰🇪
● 10-year ban: Titus Ekiru (triamcinolone acetonide, pethidine + tampering) - 2:02:57 at the 2021 Milano marathon
● 8-year ban: Michael Njenga Kunyuga - (19-norandrosterone, nandrolone + tampering) Marathon PB: 2:06:43 at the 2020 Sevilla marathon
● 5-year ban: Agness Jeruto Barsosio (biological passport) - 2:20:59 at the 2017 Paris marathon, winner of the 2022 Nairobi marathon
● 4-year ban: Michael Kibet (EPO) - 13:12 at the 2022 Lille 5km and 27:41 at the 2022 Lille 10km
● 3-year ban: Daisy Cherotich (EPO) - 1:06:33 at the 2022 Ras Al Khaimah half and 2:25:30 at the 2022 Abu Dhabi marathon
ETHIOPIA 🇪🇹
●4-year ban: Shume Tafa (5-methylhexan-2-amine) - 2:11:13 at the 2022 Eindhoven marathon
●18-month ban: Mengistu Bekele (EPO) - PB: 29:03 for 10km
SOUTH AFRICA 🇿🇦
●12-year ban: Pule Maeko (2nd suspension after a 2 year ban in 2018/2020 - testosterone) - 2:20:16 marathon PB in 2018

Edited by Pieter-za
Correction of sentence

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 10:33 PM, justinafrika said:

“...it had decided to award Kumar a medal and certificate even though he was the lone runner in the final."

"We are sharing with them details of the athletes who fled.” 

"I was really looking forward to running against the best athletes, but nobody turned up."  

Say WHATTTT!?  😂🤣

https://www.reuters.com/sports/athletics/sprinters-wind-after-anti-doping-officials-arrive-delhi-meet-2023-09-27/

Errrr…  Hayi shem!  The one guy who didn’t flee the anti-doping officials should also have fled.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/athletics-drugs-test-delhi-nada-b2459479.html

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2023 at 9:08 AM, Pieter-za said:

Running related:

12 year ban for the Saffa? Dude, you won't be able to take part in a parkrun with a rap sheet like that. How badly did he f-up?

12 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

12 year ban for the Saffa? Dude, you won't be able to take part in a parkrun with a rap sheet like that. How badly did he f-up?

I was curious about that as well so I looked it up - he is a repeat offender. 

16 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Seems I've double posted, I didn't realise the article mentioned a cyclist until now.

Said cyclist came third in his age category at SA TT Champs last year - CSA seems to have quietly scrubbed the result from their social media posts. I wonder if the gent who came 4th on the day is even aware that he was robbed of a podium. 

On 1/18/2024 at 2:30 PM, Underachiever said:

Done for good now (surely?!). 

One incredible talent, that went wayward. He was a lynchpin in that incredible Ackerman Lions team that came back from relegation to make it to 3 consecutive SR finals, combined with FdK. He had King Carlos in his corner as a youngster and later did his best to get to Carter's level.

He has a well deserved RWC winners medal hanging up in his bar. I wonder if maybe he wouldn't have been better as a football player, given his temperament, 

and remember, Beaudie still loves you.....

image.png.05ccc8416249d904fd32891758ccf007.png