Event Name: All Mountain Enduro - Helderberg [Postponed]
When: 21 August 2016
Where: Helderberg Trails, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

All Mountain Enduro – HELDERBERG FARM

Sunday 21 August 2016

Venue: Helderberg Farm, Klein Helderberg Road, Somerset West

Start time: 09h30 (after briefing) & registration opens at 08h30

Enduro Riding: The concept is a lot of fun – riders get timed only on certain sections, which make a very social event, especially at the refreshment station where they re-group. The atmosphere is relaxed with no rush anywhere, except when you gun it between check points!

More information about the stages to follow a week before the event.

Timing: Have to own an Amarider Trail Tag. R100 or take a yearly Amarider membership of R225 and a Tag is included! Watch out for the TAG POINTS at the beginning & end of each stage.

Pre-entry cost (closes 16 August): R330 for non-members and R300 for Amarider members for one day. Please note that ONLY pre-entries will be accepted - enter now!

General: Product prizes & medals to be won. There will be coffee & food for sale plus energy bars/drinks.

Join the DIRTOPIA ALL MOUNTAIN ENDURO group on Facebook to stay updated on all events and info

MORE ABOUT ENDUROS:

Dirtopia has organised fifteen Enduro events since 2012 and the focus is on the riding and having fun on the trails.

The concept

Based on the successful Mavic Trans Provence concept the idea is to bring riding and the results linked to it back to mountain biking and away from the current endurance-only formats. That said, it is not the idea to make the race highly technical as per downhill racing, but simply to focus the competition on the trails component of the sport. And yes, perhaps your skinny tire 29’er carbon hardtail is perhaps not the best choice of bike, although the course will certainly be rideable on it!

At the Dirtopia Enduro, you’ll still be climbing and even be timed on some of these sections. We will make most of the jeeptracks and roads ‘neutral’ or ‘liaison’ sections. You will still be required to ride these. The overall descent of the race will be more than the uphill.

Support

Waterpoint with fruit, nuts etc will be placed at a strategic point to assist with rider support. The beauty of the format is that you can relax a bit at this station and catch your breath before tagging into the next Special Stage.

For further information contact Dirtopia on 021 884 4752 or email: info@dirtopia.co.za and visit our website: www.dirtopia.co.za

Go to Event Page

hubevents-62657-0-93504000-1462524085_thumb.jpg

hubevents-62657-0-31818400-1462524086_thumb.jpg

hubevents-62657-0-52649100-1462524086_thumb.png

I would like to make this, but I doubt it very much. I am going in for an op on the 16 May. A week in ICU, then possibly another week or 2 in general ward.  Plus minus a month at home. Gonna try and see what training I can do and hopefully I can enter. 

All depends on my rate of recovery. I missed this last year as well as I was ill(*damn*)

I would like to make this, but I doubt it very much. I am going in for an op on the 16 May. A week in ICU, then possibly another week or 2 in general ward.  Plus minus a month at home. Gonna try and see what training I can do and hopefully I can enter. 

All depends on my rate of recovery. I missed this last year as well as I was ill(*damn*)

What are you planning a big endo a month before? Put the crash on hold and you'll make the race easily :-)

What are you planning a big endo a month before? Put the crash on hold and you'll make the race easily :-)

Need the op, had the first part in Feb. Riding bike, per doctors orders. This one will be the fix, and hopefully all will be good after.

• 1 month later...

I hope they use the top rock garden as well as the one just above the xco track.... There is some really fun stuff there as long as they don't 'water down' the trails to keep it easy.

It will be very interesting to see which bits of trails are actually used. 

The venue has the potential to be both awesome and, well, pretty boring depending on their trail selection....

Awesome out of hospital and back at work today after just over a month.

First ride this weekend and I will judge from there whether I will be riding this event.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The event has been postponed:

New date to be confirmed later.

Sies! and here i thought mountain bikers are hardcore...

Sies! and here i thought mountain bikers are hardcore...

We are...sort of...but the trails would take too much pounding :(

Most of the rain should fall by 11 to around 1, but with some extremely strong winds. Then later in the day rain will continue.

Def not a good idea for the event