Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Those Ryobi saws are ****. They have **** fences, horrid tolerance in the blade (If you move it up or down, it moves side to side as well, changing the angle of the blade) and blades you can only replace with Ryobi ones (Due to an odd arbor size and **** tolerances on that, so ie a Tork Craft blade won't fit properly and wobble at speed)

The MacAfric one is slightly better, still a pretty crap fence, but you can replace blades easier. I love most of my MacAfric machines.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Ryobi saws are ****. They have **** fences, horrid tolerance in the blade (If you move it up or down, it moves side to side as well, changing the angle of the blade) and blades you can only replace with Ryobi ones (Due to an odd arbor size and **** tolerances on that, so ie a Tork Craft blade won't fit properly and wobble at speed)

The MacAfric one is slightly better, still a pretty crap fence, but you can replace blades easier. I love most of my MacAfric machines.

a long while back, i bought a ryobi mitre saw. Deliberately chosen for low price, but still hoping for dependable accuracy of cut. Bit of an unpleasant surprise each time I use it. The fence is out of alignment, the zero settings are off. Each time I swivel or rotate the  blade, I have to check for square. Granted, it doesn't take me an age to set it just right, but it's unnecessary hassle. Can't wait to play with the Bosch mitre saw with that fancy hinge system.

I just love the messages I get sent via wood sometimes :)

attachicon.gifHeart in wood.jpeg

I see i somehow missed a few pages and in turn totally missed my opportunity to place an order for mallets, please let me know if you are planning on making more again.

I see i somehow missed a few pages and in turn totally missed my opportunity to place an order for mallets, please let me know if you are planning on making more again.

I've got 2 Carpenter's Mallets (Square ones) in stock - need to go pick up some more Camelthorn for carver's mallets, unless you want one out of Rhodesian Teak, then I can make one sometime this week. Let me know what you'd like :D

I've got 2 Carpenter's Mallets (Square ones) in stock - need to go pick up some more Camelthorn for carver's mallets, unless you want one out of Rhodesian Teak, then I can make one sometime this week. Let me know what you'd like :D

I'm in the market for a carvers mallet, but with a short handle (about 110% of the legth of the head)?

I'm in the market for a carvers mallet, but with a short handle (about 110% of the legth of the head)?

How about a 70mm head and 80mm handle? I can make a single-piece one out of Rhodesian Teak for you.

Retain the "image" and turn that into something decorative, Edison bulb lamp on top or something.

Agreed. Though the knot will have to be glued in place to prevent it detaching fully. 

Retain the "image" and turn that into something decorative, Edison bulb lamp on top or something.

I'm busy making 'a few' giant Jenga sets, this came from one of the parts. It's not going into the pile of parts :)  I'd like some more suggestions for it ... don't really have place for a lamp.

post-29544-0-15661000-1471426629_thumb.jpeg

post-29544-0-35486800-1471426621_thumb.jpeg