Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

NO!!!!! My uncle decided that my grandfather's hammer that looked like this without the handle was not worth it and chucked it out.

If only I knew what I know now.

Bugger!!!

On the plus side. Sorta. Just dug one out of my old man's workshop. Needs new leather, though.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going through the old man's workshop at the moment.

There's a few tools that I'm going to be taking back with me. Some very nice, old stuff as well.

My dad's prized possession though, I need to leave up here for a while. Until I get a place with a garage and space to work. It's an old Shopsmith workstation.

You know what to do bro, if it needs any resto work then get it like new and treasure forever.

I have a old Coronet Major that I would like to get restored.

Anybody know where I can get it done?

Joh, those look nice!

The majority of it you should be able to do yourself. The motor... Not so sure. Auto electrician maybe.

Any idea were I can purchase some Oregon Pine? (Boards)

I see Maple street and Country woods are already closed 

Top management requires some projects to be completed over the holidays I need to make some serious sawdust,

Any idea were I can purchase some Oregon Pine? (Boards)

I see Maple street and Country woods are already closed 

Top management requires some projects to be completed over the holidays I need to make some serious sawdust,

How big do you need? 

Joh, those look nice!

The majority of it you should be able to do yourself. The motor... Not so sure. Auto electrician maybe.

What Myles said, the majority you should be able to do yourself and that is half the fun.

You can get the respraying done professionally if you want but I have seen some great resto's done using just a tin of spraypaint.

What Myles said, the majority you should be able to do yourself and that is half the fun.

You can get the respraying done professionally if you want but I have seen some great resto's done using just a tin of spraypaint.

Hamerite or Rustoleum

So what you up to?

I'm busy with a resto on an abused Stanley Bailey #4 and Swedish Anchor Block plane.

They both suffered a hard life of neglect and thus given me a whole lot more to do than anticipated. Should have them done by early next year.

Will post pictures

Anyhow, Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you all!

So what you up to?

I'm busy with a resto on an abused Stanley Bailey #4 and Swedish Anchor Block plane.

They both suffered a hard life of neglect and thus given me a whole lot more to do than anticipated. Should have them done by early next year.

Will post pictures

Anyhow, Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you all!

I have a job to do that I’ve been putting off as I’ve been unsure of how I’m going to cut it, seems my only option is to do it by hand, as I don’t have access to a saw that can cut angles in the size that needs to be cut. Will screw a cutting guide to the wood, and then start cutting, slowly and carefully...

That’s my Christmas break project. Merry Christmas to all on this thread, thanks for the inspiration and motivation throughout the year, you’ve all inspired me to try things that I may not have tackled in the past, and it’s been very rewarding!