Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove around a bit looking for pipes and or clamps today, seems East London is in the dark ages because I couldnt find either at any of the hardware stores. Seems they might be more pain than they are worth at the moment!

I can check tomorrow at my local store where I bought them - let you know when done

The clamps are a good price but the shipping price is law dropping stuff!

Its actually cheaper to ship directly from Amazon which is pretty unusual with stuff off Aliexpress.

This one offers free shipping at a higher price for the clamp.

Not too bad. Also, it is the 3/4" and not 1/2" as a lot of them are

YOFE 3/4" Heavy Duty Pipe Clamp Woodworking Wood Gluing Pipe Clamp 3/4" Pipe Clamp Fixture Carpenter Woodworking Tools HT1235

http://s.aliexpress.com/qumEbamU?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

(from AliExpress Android)

Edited by jimmycool

I can check tomorrow at my local store where I bought them - let you know when done

Thanks I would really appreciate that.

YOFE 3/4" Heavy Duty Pipe Clamp Woodworking Wood Gluing Pipe Clamp 3/4" Pipe Clamp Fixture Carpenter Woodworking Tools HT1235

A group buy can offset shipping cost if you can get enough people on board for say 20-30 clamps. If only I could somehow get these Iriwn pipe clamps.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/332188788472-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

A group buy can offset shipping cost if you can get enough people on board for say 20-30 clamps. If only I could somehow get these Iriwn pipe clamps.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/332188788472-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Those are dirt cheap on Amazon. When I checked they were around $13 each with $18 shipping. Its always the shipping that bumps up the price so much.

Not woodworking specific but thought you guys would know if anyone does:

Where can I get something similar to the image below (builders protractor - not sure of the exact name)...  Tried the local hardware stores with no luck....

Thanks

post-26499-0-77998400-1516435547_thumb.jpg

Where can I get something similar to the image below (builders protractor - not sure of the exact name)...  Tried the local hardware stores with no luck....

Thanks

I have one of these and they are great - deadly accurate.

https://www.banggood.com/0-225-Degree-400mm16inch-Digital-Protractor-Angle-Finder-with-Scale-p-951633.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Those are dirt cheap on Amazon. When I checked they were around $13 each with $18 shipping. Its always the shipping that bumps up the price so much.

Yeah. But even if you buy in bulk the shipping is still crazy expensive via Amazon.

For it make sense to me, it needs come in landed at under R350 ea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by stefmeister

Thanks

Having the name Starrett on it I can tell you its going to be crazy expensive but will be dead accurate and last a lifetime.

tools4wood has what looks like a exact replica of that irwin clamp, in the same size too.

TorkCraft Pipe Clamp For 19mm Pipe

Yeah. But even if you buy in bulk the shipping is still crazy expensive via Amazon.

For it make sense to me, it needs come in landed at under R350 ea.

Buying 6 would make them R356 each including shipping and estimated duties. 

I think I might have some friends coming over from the states in the next month or two though so will check with them. At R170 each(price minus shipping) they are a no brainer.

cheers - thanks.  I was hoping to find somewhere local where I could pop around and pick one up.  But if I don't come right at least I now know where I can get a decent one at a reasonable price.  Cheers!

Having the name Starrett on it I can tell you its going to be crazy expensive but will be dead accurate and last a lifetime.

I don't need that one specifically - any brand will do for now.  It's a one off project that I need to measure some angles...

Buying 6 would make them R356 each including shipping and estimated duties.

I think I might have some friends coming over from the states in the next month or two though so will check with them. At R170 each(price minus shipping) they are a no brainer.

Lucky you. Without a doubt a no brainer.