Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

If you zoom in to the left of the door, you will see that it actually has got wheels on, it even has a drawbar on as well.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Damn, good one, didnt see that earlier, didnt enlarge the pic :oops:

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of these , to go to a good home ......plus the mallet to go with it ( I would say it is the same age , but less fansy).

But further , you can have an Elu Frasgerat tool as well for free ,if you can tell me its perpose . Must be collected in the Wilropark ( Roodepoort) area. Proof of a donation to SPCA will be most welcome.

Im pretty sure its an Elu router. Frasgerat which loosely translated though google translate means milling device.

Im pretty sure its an Elu router. Frasgerat which loosely translated though google translate means milling device.

Not a router.It has like a row of rounded teeth ( thought it would be a tool for dove-tailing ). I bought it second-hand many, many, many moons age. Was sure I would " need " it one day. Still don't know what I bought

Not a router.It has like a row of rounded teeth ( thought it would be a tool for dove-tailing ). I bought it second-hand many, many, many moons age. Was sure I would " need " it one day. Still don't know what I bought

Picture - you never know what you have been missing out on.

(Bisquit machine)

Would love to see a pic of that. I like unusual woodworking tools.

Would love to see a pic of that. I like unusual woodworking post-30639-0-07865300-1525607340_thumb.jpgpost-30639-0-05605900-1525607485_thumb.jpg As you can see , very neglected after many decades of non use. Good luck with ID.

Edited by Tromp

Tromp - that is a dove-tail jig which you use with a router to make dovetails in the end of a plank.

Do you have a router?

Go to Youtube

Tromp - that is a dove-tail jig which you use with a router to make dovetails in the end of a plank.

Do you have a router?

Go to Youtube

Thanks, porqui. Thought so , when I originally bought it.....loooooong before Youtube. Have a router but never rose to dovetail level and never will. Still free to good home.

Been doing some boring stuff lately, wife wanted a medicine cabinet built etc which kept me busy but is too boring to even post about!

I did make this though from a slice of London Plane tree I had lurking about.

I left it as I had cut it with the chainsaw and turned a square(ish) bowl from it. 

The wings are so thin you can literally bend them. It was more an experiment than anything else but it came out ok.

post-4822-0-12120600-1526231283_thumb.jpg

post-4822-0-23409100-1526231300_thumb.jpg

post-4822-0-86711800-1526231319_thumb.jpg

There was a driftwood log that I have been eyeing for the last few months on the beach, I notice it whenever we go for a walk. I checked and it was still feeling pretty solid despite being on the beach for so long, so ended up taking it home one evening - this process was a story for another time!

Anyway sliced it up wondering what I would find and was pretty amazed at what is inside...

post-4822-0-65230700-1526231456_thumb.jpg

Its a black stinkwood and man does it live up to that name! I have never smelt anything so vile when cutting it up. It literally smells like fresh cow poop.

I should have take a pic of the complete log but this was one of the ends I cut off to give an idea of the outside.

post-4822-0-76373500-1526231527_thumb.jpg

And then the piece I was really after was this crotch, check the curl on that sucker!! 

post-4822-0-02267400-1526231590_thumb.jpg

Just need to get all the small bits done Im working on then I can turn it and see how it comes out. *very* glad my new respirator and its organic filters arrived this week.

I’ve been doing quite a bit of work for corporates, branded, so don’t think it’s appropriate to post, but they’ve been keeping me busy.

Did this signboard for a wedding, the couple wanted it at the entrance to the venue.

f0ff7cc73ac763f6cbd1dc8ab561c5fa.jpg

Had a few of these boxes made, and then branded, for a customer who wanted a “fancy” box for the Jenga sets I did for them. The Jenga blocks all have key phrases that the customer uses in their quality management system laser engraved on them.

b6b8e11dc0068e7a46f373b0523c7199.jpg

Also been doing some laminating, cut and planed some Meranti offcuts into 40x40 pieces, about 700mm long. Made a few sections of about 700mm wide. Have sliced them into 50mm strips, that I’m now laminating again, to make an end grain butchers block. Want to end up at about 900x600mm

ed50735e22c023d8f27fdd7a546808ae.jpg

Will post more pics as I progress.

Sign is awesome stretch, was that lasered?

It was yes, the detail in the buck’s head is amazing, incredible what the laser can do.