Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

No-no, those are Giant Jenga blocks in the making. I've only got the one that I want to make something else out of. 220mmX70mmX50mm.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone recommend a solid door supplier - standard size for interior use?

Perhaps even an entry level fire door. I'm looking to replace 4 hollow doors in my house to improve sound proofing. Preferably smooth texture and brown.

Builders? Buco? 

Perhaps even an entry level fire door. I'm looking to replace 4 hollow doors in my house to improve sound proofing. Preferably smooth texture and brown.

Builders? Buco? 

I am in the same boat. I saw some at mega doors and at Build it. Still looking though. I wouldnt pine some oregan pine doors

Builders? Buco?

Which area? Gauteng, WC, KZN?

It's been known to happen, right here on this thread :D But not something I 'advertise', for obvious reasons.

Builders? Buco? 

https://vanacht.co.za/

Builders? Buco? 

Drill holes in the edge of the existing doors, fill with polystyrene balls and reseal the holes - easy, cheap and works well for sound deadening.

You just have to figure out how many compartments are in the doors and where to drill the holes..... a stud finder works really well.

Drill holes in the edge of the existing doors, fill with polystyrene balls and reseal the holes - easy, cheap and works well for sound deadening.

You just have to figure out how many compartments are in the doors and where to drill the holes..... a stud finder works really well.

I thought of that and fill it with foam but just afraid the door may have too many compartments.

I thought of that and fill it with foam but just afraid the door may have too many compartments.

Play with a stud finder first - they are useful tools to have, given that their other functions is looking for electrical cables before you drill into a wall.

I have filled a mates studio doors with sand before, (specially built to take the sand) and they are brilliant ito sound deadening - but they are extremely heavy and will guillotine a finger if they slam... (I see lots of these professionally) - so not really suitable for existing frames and doors - the polystyrene works almost as well and does not break the door over time.

I took the fence off mine and threw it away the first time I used it. It has served me well though for about 10 years and does what it needs to quite well. I made a wooden fence and had to clamp it to the table everytime in the correct spot so it makes setup quite slow. The biggest drawback is that it is very noisy being a brush type motor.

I have actually just upgraded to a very nice belt driven 300mm saw with some very nice solid cast iron extension tables and a ROCK solid fence. I am now very happy.[emoji4]

What he said - I can't justify spending the cash on what I'd actually like so this has to do.  

Is a pain to get set up but works well enough for hobbyist type stuff.  I also chucked the fence and made my own version

Play with a stud finder first - they are useful tools to have, given that their other functions is looking for electrical cables before you drill into a wall.

I have filled a mates studio doors with sand before, (specially built to take the sand) and they are brilliant ito sound deadening - but they are extremely heavy and will guillotine a finger if they slam... (I see lots of these professionally) - so not really suitable for existing frames and doors - the polystyrene works almost as well and does not break the door over time.

I'm doing this ASAP, need to go find a supplier of the balls now though.