Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

how much do they want after the trial has expired?

$695.00 USD per license

But I might have to add that it is for the Pro version.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I downloaded SketchUp, but now they want money. My trial has expired.

use SketchUP Make .... you can still do what you need and then just export to PDF or JPG for printing .... one of the biggest draw backs with the "Make" version though is that you can't export to DWG format if you use that sort of function.

use SketchUP Make .... you can still do what you need and then just export to PDF or JPG for printing .... one of the biggest draw backs with the "Make" version though is that you can't export to DWG format if you use that sort of function.

That sucks, because I also use AutoCAD 2007, and some other PCB design packages that supports importing of DWG files.

That sucks, because I also use AutoCAD 2007, and some other PCB design packages that supports importing of DWG files.

to be honest, the DWG exports you get from Sketchup is not exactly spectacular ... often lines are duplicated, etc.

OK, well, then I will use just the free one. Just to do quick cabinet designs.

you can dim in SK, so not the end of the world.

As far as 3D design apps goes, I read & hear a lot of good about Atuodesk's Fusion 360, its used by many accomplished and with-it in the 3D printing and CNC world, and its free for non commercial and small business. 

Might be work d/l and investing time in a few u-tube tutorials

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview

Thanks Kosmo, gonna check it out.

Yeah, I got a licenced version of Sketchup 2014 from a mate as a gift (he didn't want it) and been using it for a while. Good enough to do some basic designs, and showing it off to clients is always fun :) 

Fusion 360 is pretty full-on 3D design might be a tad OTP for kitchen counter design but worth while taking the plunge in terms of skills development - go large or go home! Plenty of friendly  tuts on You Tube,

You can then spew out G Code for MakerBots  and Nakamuras

As far as 3D design apps goes, I read & hear a lot of good about Atuodesk's Fusion 360, its used by many accomplished and with-it in the 3D printing and CNC world, and its free for non commercial and small business. 

Might be work d/l and investing time in a few u-tube tutorials

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview

Fusion 360 is pretty full-on 3D design might be a tad OTP for kitchen counter design but worth while taking the plunge in terms of skills development - go large or go home! Plenty of friendly  tuts on You Tube,

You can then spew out G Code for MakerBots  and Nakamuras

will also go check it out ... copy and paste below RE their free software:

Access the same design software used by industry leaders worldwide. A free 3-year license is available for students, teachers, and academic institutions. 

A free 1-year startup license is also available for hobbyists, enthusiasts, makers, and emerging businesses that make less than US$100,000 in revenue per year. At the end of 1 year, you can reselect the startup entitlement or transition to a commercial entitlement.

See Terms of Service: Autodesk Web Services Entitlements.

Just to be clear.... Waxol is that gloopy brown stuff that you paint onto your Gemini hut once a year to make it last longer...?

Won't that mess up your clothes if you put it on a chair?

No, perhaps you are thinking of Creosote?

When using waksol you will need to give the wood a good rub with a clean cloth afterwards a few times.

Do not use creosote on furniture.

No, perhaps you are thinking of Creosote?

When using waksol you will need to give the wood a good rub with a clean cloth afterwards a few times.

Do not use creosote on furniture.

No definitely not creosote.

I use some fairly thick stuff on my garden shed every year and thought it was Waxol (Lady at TC Cabins said it was Waxol) It leaves a waxy/oily layer on that prevents weathering and rot (and insect damage apparently) 

I was obviously misinformed.

I use some fairly thick stuff on my garden shed every year and thought it was Waxol (Lady at TC Cabins said it was Waxol) It leaves a waxy/oily layer on that prevents weathering and rot (and insect damage apparently) 

Might be. I have used it on my "teak" patio furniture, really brought it back to life and looks good. 

I'm with you on this one...maybe it works different here on the coast where warmer but I won't risk sitting on the stuff. It's always a bit tacky and never really dry to the touch even when older.

I think the rubbing down a few times is where the magic might be?