Ryder tyre sealant

El Nino

Fug it from midas. R260 for 1 l. Ad a bit of anti freeze and it will be as good as the best tyre sealant on the market. Been using it for over a year now and never had a problem. I cant say the same for the new squirt tyre sealant. Worst product on the market right now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snip I cant say the same for the new squirt tyre sealant. Worst product on the market right now.

Ohhh noooo.....i just bought squirt tyre sealant. According to the bloke at the LBS its very good and compatible with Stans ....what went wrong when you used it??

Ohhh noooo.....i just bought squirt tyre sealant. According to the bloke at the LBS its very good and compatible with Stans ....what went wrong when you used it??

It do not seal as good as stans. I do not know what happened to it, but it keep disappearing. When you open the tyer it is just millions of beads and no fluid.

I heard of some other guys with the same problem.

Been trying a new product from Herschell called Extreme seal, it's a synthetic latex that doesn't become all gooey after two months. Have had plenty of dubbeltjies in my tyres and no problems yet. Will keep all updated.

Been trying a new product from Herschell called Extreme seal, it's a synthetic latex that doesn't become all gooey after two months. Have had plenty of dubbeltjies in my tyres and no problems yet. Will keep all updated.

Will keep this in mind, thanks.  (Currently using Ryder and SMWH products (the latter which seems to be re-branded Ryder sealant?) and honestly no complaints / issues etc)

It do not seal as good as stans. I do not know what happened to it, but it keep disappearing. When you open the tyer it is just millions of beads and no fluid.

I heard of some other guys with the same problem.

I had the same problem , but only on my new continental race king .

• 1 year later...

Is there a difference between Ryder Tube Sealant and Ryder Tubeless Sealant? Or is it the same stuff sold under different names? Looking at the online descriptions it looks like the same stuff?

Edited by MudLark

• 1 year later...

Thread revival. After many years of using stans with zero punctures, I tried ryder sealant with a brand new set of Ikons. 

left me stranded during a race on saturday. Had to plug a pin hole leak, as the sealant just could not seal it. Not impressed at all. Sealant sprayed everywhere. Stopped and kept the hole on the bottom so sealant could seal it, but as soon as i started riding it leaked again. 

First time ever I had to use a plug on such a small hole. 

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Still super happy with Enduro seal. 

I want to try Enduroseal. Where is the best place to buy it? Our lbs does not sell it.

Definitely try EnduroSeal. It plugs my road and Mtb tyre’s reliably. I’ve had three punctures in the last two weekends on the road and it’s plugged it everytime. I’m not talking about little thorn pricks but glass cuts up to 8mm long. I’ll have to take that tyre off and put some patches inside the tyre this week but I’m super happy with Enduroseal. It’s our Stans and maybe it’s even better especially when you consider it’s considerably cheaper

Another vote for Enduroseal,

I rode through a whole bunch of thorns a few days ago. I must have pulled about 20 from each tire and it sealed up every time I removed one. Granted they were not massive holes, but it did the job efficiently without loosing much sealant or air.

1 hour ago, W@nted said:

I want to try Enduroseal. Where is the best place to buy it? Our lbs does not sell it.

Bought some from Sportsmans Warehouse the last week.
Listed as a Discovery Healthy Gear item if that makes any difference.

***edit - Spelling

Edited by Michael S