Tour de France Fantasy Tour 2016

Frosty

Stage 21 is worth up 50 points (stage win) plus 9 points per stage for stages 17-21 for 2nd on green GC, and then the final top 10.

Think if one of your other riders can match that.

Think I may have said too much.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stage 21 is worth up 50 points (stage win) plus 9 points per stage for stages 17-21 for 2nd on green GC, and then the final top 10.

Think if one of your other riders can match that.

Think I may have said too much.

Those were the lines I was thinking along.

Points for stage 16 are up.

Things are hotting up in the top 20

Pos. - Hubber (Points)
  1 - Black_Metal   (2,986)
  2 - Sprocket70   (2,980)
  3 - Ketotte   (2,973)
  4 - Sanmari Swart's team   (2,928)
  5 - Wolverine.'s team   (2,901)
  6 - donellcloete's team   (2,886)
  7 - Cheese's team   (2,774)
  8 - bertusras's team   (2,739)
  9 - Multisporter's team   (2,726)
10 - Kjørda   (2,694)
11 - Irshaadmayet's team   (2,692)
12 - All-mountain Express   (2,661)
13 - Marrienator's team   (2,660)
14 - FowlStArt's team   (2,654)
15 - Sniffie's team   (2,631)
16 - Johan Fourie_65269's team   (2,618)
17 - Reindarlou   (2,616)
18 - Boobear's team   (2,611)
19 - DanRob's team   (2,605)
20 - Spoke101's team   (2,604)

Woweeeee,

So like many other entrants I’m well out of the running here. Even if my okies charge in the final week, there’s enough dudes higher up the leaderboard covering with the same okies.

But lookie lookie at the final week and our top3.

Black Metal – 2986, just 6 points ahead of Sprocket70 and then only 7 further back to Ketotte. Even donellcloete in 6th place is only 100 points back.

Now here’s where it gets exciting, we’ve got a Blaasvlam Paradox of note developing here! Where it gets complex for this fantasy game is that it’s quite an intricate pick for the final week, with loads of variables. With the top 3 so close, it is possibly worth covering someone just ahead or behind (as naturally you can see what they’ve picked – and you can swap your picks as you like up until the deadline).

I don’t want to go too deep into the play here, but Joaquim Rodriguez is interesting. He’s been useless so far in terms of points. But sitting where he is in GC, might well go mount a late chase in a mountain stage, and be allowed some rope to do it by the skyborgs. Two of our top3 have him in their squad, if he does this and it comes off and only one has picked him, then that’s a huge leap ahead. Eish.

So it can get to be a real mindgame of reverse (reverse) psychology. I’m not sure if there are special arrangements for the picks, but I think it would be quite cool for our leaders to be chopping and changing throughout the day and confusing each other. 

Happy to still be in 7th, Thought I got all permutations but could never think that GVA would break and take the jersey. Thought I would get at least a prize for trying this time.

But will be happy to be in the top 10. A bit like my cycling , up there but never winning anything.

Looking forward to the mountain stages though. Froomey looking very strong, but Quintana have to play his cards now.

The best performing riders after week 2:

post-1372-0-73279000-1468916483_thumb.png

post-1372-0-64649500-1468916484_thumb.png

Some standout points:

• De Gendt has scored more Fantasy Tour points in the KOM than Majka (due to spending more time in the jersey, 6-3 to De Gendt);
  • Van Avermaet (3/3) is one of 4 riders in the break that have finished ahead of the peloton - 100% success rate.
  • De Gendt (2/3), Majka (3/4) and Navarro (4/5) have been caught once each in their breakaway attempts.

Below is the success rate of the break - top 30 scoring riders only.

post-1372-0-86077500-1468917862_thumb.png

The best performing riders after week 2:

attachicon.gifDreamTeam-Week02.PNG

attachicon.gifDreamTeam-Week02Table.PNG

Some standout points:

• De Gendt has scored more Fantasy Tour points in the KOM than Majka (due to spending more time in the jersey, 6-3 to De Gendt);
  • Van Avermaet (3/3) is one of 4 riders in the break that have finished ahead of the peloton - 100% success rate.
  • De Gendt (2/3), Majka (3/4) and Navarro (4/5) have been caught once each in their breakaway attempts.

Below is the success rate of the break - top 30 scoring riders only.

attachicon.gifBreakWin.PNG

Thanks Gerald.

Can you please write a macro in the spreadsheet that takes the winning points then adds 1 point and assigns that total somehow spread among my fantasy team thereby making my team "win" by digital doping?

Many thanks,

Edit: there is no other way for me to win this one!!

Thanks Gerald.

Can you please write a macro in the spreadsheet that takes the winning points then adds 1 point and assigns that total somehow spread among my fantasy team thereby making my team "win" by digital doping?

Many thanks,

There is an easier way...  :whistling:

Gerald, on the sheet "Daily Points Per Hubber" there's a column "Ave." 

What is that? Is that the points scored by the hubber vs. the average points scored?

i'm not at the PC now but I guess it could be the column you describe.

If it's green and red(ish) then it's you position relative to the average position, or the scores relative to the position.

I will confirm if it's different when I next switch on.

Yeah, it's a % and then coloured green or red. That's what I thought, thanks!

The real answer is:

It's your % of the maximum possible points had you picked the best 9 riders.

The green shade is for those above the community average, while the red(ish) shade is below.

Thanks Gerald.

Many thanks,

The steak I had for lunch has given me an idea.

But first, why is Cavendish an unused sub? That's 435 points. *smh*

The steak I had for lunch has given me an idea.

But first, why is Cavendish an unused sub? That's 435 points. *smh*

Ja I know... (give himself multiple face plants) I didn't pick him for the first week because I though he was a bit of a spent force (face plant #1)

I didn't pick him in the second week because I thought he was going to fade in the mountains and not recover (face plant #2)

Didn't sub him in (yet) for the last stretch because I think he is going to quit the tour due to pooing in his pants in the mountains. I have some hours to change that though.

Hey nice to see one of the regular guys won the Go Pro prize, congrats Shaper. 

No offence to the others, i just prefer the local guys who play the comps even when there are no prizes up for grabs to win something every now and again.

Gerald & Admin, once again you guys have put together a great comp. Thanks we all appreciate it. 

I am wondering how much of a cow I should be...

I will ponder for a few moments.[emoji6]

I am wondering how much of a cow I should be...

I will ponder for a few moments.[emoji6]

Mooo

Archived