Knysna Cycle Tour 2016

Pure Savage

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this from the Department of Transport and Public Works:

Cycling enthusiasts driving to the two-day family cycling festival in Knysna on 2 and 3 July 2016 must ensure their number plates, vehicle lights, brake lights, and indicators are visible at all times. Obscuring any of these items with a bicycle rack or other object is an offence punishable by a R500 fine.

If your number plate is obscured by a bicycle rack, you must fit an auxiliary number plate in a clearly visible place. If you vehicle lights, brake lights and indicators are obscured, make sure that you have additional lights fitted to the back of your vehicle before you start driving.

The Department of Transport and Public Works’ Provincial Traffic Services will be on high alert and will not hesitate to fine drivers who do not observe traffic law and rules.

Cycling enthusiasts driving to the two-day family cycling festival in Knysna on 2 and 3 July 2016 must ensure their number plates, vehicle lights, brake lights, and indicators are visible at all times. Obscuring any of these items with a bicycle rack or other object is an offence punishable by a R500 fine.

If your number plate is obscured by a bicycle rack, you must fit an auxiliary number plate in a clearly visible place. If you vehicle lights, brake lights and indicators are obscured, make sure that you have additional lights fitted to the back of your vehicle before you start driving.

The Department of Transport and Public Works’ Provincial Traffic Services will be on high alert and will not hesitate to fine drivers who do not observe traffic law and rules.

How obscured must the lights be to require a light plate, my rack does not have lights but I can easily see the lights and indicators as they pop out either side of wheels.

Seeding shmeeding, you can pick up the seeding you want at registration, you get seeded on the climb out of knysna or up Simola.

Ahh yes, pick on the soft targets rather than doing actual work.

Sounds like they are going to be hanging out checking every car that comes in with a bike on the back.

It is still raining, going to be wet!!!

And freezing cold temperatures

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

3170b8e5f3e4f6d7e8892406a04d748c.jpg

What a great weekend of riding!! We managed to get a top 20 in the road today :) legs were stuffed from the mtb personally.

Well done to the local Cape Town lights by linea taking the win!!!

0692b4318665e916ae660485893beb85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knysna always cold this time of year.

All you can hope for is that it's dry.

Archived