Pure Savage

We had issues on our old Mazda Sting when it was warm, wound up being the coil that had a problem once it got warm.

I have also heard of that, as it heats up expansion causes the issue in the coil to get worse.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread this.

My wifes car started to jerk and almost like its lost power, its a toyota Tazz.

I serviced it. Petrol, oil and air filter. Spark plugs and new oil.

Even checked the distributor cap for build up and cleaned the points a little bit.

It seems to be better now but every now and again it gives a bit of jerk and almost wants to stall and loose power. Any idea what it could be?

Most common tazz problem is that spares shops sell you the wrong plugs. A lot will sell you BP6ES coz it's cheap and mostly works. The correct plug is BPR5EYA-11. Also tazz HT leads are notoriously weak

Check these, am sure it will be one of them

• 3 months later...

The Toyota Tazz still having the issue that it will shudder a little bit then cut out and not start again for a while. Took it to an auto electrician to replace fule/temp guage that had blown and check all electrical. All was fine but yesterday car did that loosing power thing and then cut out.

So, I thought it may be a fuel starvation thing, maybe the carb. I noticed this thing called a REA valve in erecting the file line with an electrical wire attached. The fuel first goes into this valve before the carb and the comes out back into this valve and circulates again.

I think this is part of the immobiliser that cuts off the fuel as well as the ignition, so a double barrel. I bipased this valve to eliminate that being the issue. Only did that last night so will see.

Does anyone know what this REA valve is and if it could be part of the immobiliser?

The Toyota Tazz still having the issue that it will shudder a little bit then cut out and not start again for a while. Took it to an auto electrician to replace fule/temp guage that had blown and check all electrical. All was fine but yesterday car did that loosing power thing and then cut out.

So, I thought it may be a fuel starvation thing, maybe the carb. I noticed this thing called a REA valve in erecting the file line with an electrical wire attached. The fuel first goes into this valve before the carb and the comes out back into this valve and circulates again.

I think this is part of the immobiliser that cuts off the fuel as well as the ignition, so a double barrel. I bipased this valve to eliminate that being the issue. Only did that last night so will see.

Does anyone know what this REA valve is and if it could be part of the immobiliser?

It's a solenoid valve which is probably part of the immobiliser.

Check this out:

http://www.rcas.co.za/fuel-solenoid-valve-12v-rea

I nearly had a heart attack yesterday when I collected my Caddy DSG from Volkswagen Potchefstroom. R6772.00 for a 60 00km service! Apparently the DSG Gearbox's oil is made from a very rare Himalayan yak's piss, only collected at quarter moon every 100th year on the day before the dalai lama's birthday. It Cost R2900... Just. For. The. Oil...

It's a volkswagen caddy FFS, not a Rolls Royce golden spirit, or whatever!

"Nee meneer, dis maar wat dit kos meneer, meneer sal maar op meneer se tande moet byt want hy gaan droog in, ons het nie vaseline nie. As meneer nou net mooi vir ons kan omdraai en meneer se enkels vasvat. Sê aaahhh..."

Edited by sias

Eina...... and without that oil change your warranty is moer toe né?

Edited by Grebel

Just came back from Midas. New battery. Jump started my dad the Weekend, and guess it screwed the battery. Nissan Livina jumping a Toyota Hilux was a *** idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If you need to have your car serviced and you're in the Cresta area, have a chat to Graham from Midas to buy your parts - he gave me a 20 percent managers discount cos he likes cyclists! They on 284 Mimosa Rd and have your car serviced across the road (Beyers) by EuroTech (Nick) 011 431 2075. Graham made sure Nick also gave me a discount.

Top service from both Midas and EuroTech and affordable!

Just came back from Midas. New battery. Jump started my dad the Weekend, and guess it screwed the battery. Nissan Livina jumping a Toyota Hilux was a *** idea!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A Poodle screwing a Lion will always work out badly for the Poodle.  :whistling:

when should I replace diff oil of my Nissan hardbody? what type of diff oil must I use? thanks

Depends:

What year, diff lock, 4wd, limited slip etc etc.

That's off the top of my head. I expect there's a few more variables.

No maintenance cost for the next 90 000km/5 years for me, picking this up tomorrow :)

My Subaru dealer laughs at me.I have to have my Forester service every Jan and I only do about 5000 kays a year.In fact I have only done 2500 this year so far.Ridiculous