[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

haven't seen the official results but the 2:21 was DQ'd

Racetec will have to do a clean up, quite a few dodge looking results there.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will. The results are up for the masses, and corrections and a few tailenders will be updated later.

Agreed, something is off, my Garmin time is a good 10min slower than my official Racetec time. And I was late and only started 4 min AFTER the last 103km batch left

Edit- even worse, myself and 3 friends all reflect as having raced 65km instead of 103km. Suppose it is due to us starting late

Edited by Craai

If someone picked up a pair of legs around the 35k mark, please let me know, they are most likely mine...

That fast start was hectic hurt my legs as well . Spent first half of the race trying to stay with the group. But they were to strong .But you never know how strong you are untill you try.

Another lesson learnt...save some for the 2nd half ????

Agreed, something is off, my Garmin time is a good 10min slower than my official Racetec time. And I was late and only started 4 min AFTER the last 103km batch left

Edit- even worse, myself and 3 friends all reflect as having raced 65km instead of 103km. Suppose it is due to us starting late

send me your race numbers and I will ask Racetec to correct it, even though there is a query procedure on their website.

Send the GPX file or a Strava link to the activity.

Edited by geraldm24

What a brilliantly organised and executed race. That goes for both Saturday and Sunday. Route markings, marshals, start, finish, parking. All without a hitch. I started from EL but blew up spectacularly early on. Limped home in 3.45 ish. I suspect I burnt too many matches in the MTB race but enjoyed myself too much to regret it. Although I must admit, riding most of today's 103km on my own was a little more than I was banking on. That wind coming home was unbelievable.

Well done Gerald and team. What a weekend.

Gerald,

Awesome race.  I am not going to repeat what all the other said, but from an organizing point of view, the race was perfect.  The only complaint is the wind, but I don't think the organizers have a say there....

Very sad about the person passing away....

PS:  How many cans of spray paint have you guys used to mark every single pothole and imperfection in the road ??? Great stuff.  Makes everybody feel safer and gives time to look around and not focus on the road surface.

Awesome race...I prefer the wind instead of heat.I was happy they gave us water on the go at waterpoints. ASG should learn from these guys. Can I expect to finish 94.7 at the same hours as this race?

Gerald,

Awesome race. I am not going to repeat what all the other said, but from an organizing point of view, the race was perfect. The only complaint is the wind, but I don't think the organizers have a say there....

Very sad about the person passing away....

PS: How many cans of spray paint have you guys used to mark every single pothole and imperfection in the road ??? Great stuff. Makes everybody feel safer and gives time to look around and not focus on the road surface.

Lots of cans, and we had sprayed rocks in the MTB route too. In certain areas we have to cover the markings, so that's extra work and consumables.

During the day yesterday, I was chatting to a few guys who noticed the amount of people involved. It got me thinking of writing a series of "behind the scenes" to show the time, effort and resources required to put on an event.

Look forward to seeing this for next year's event.