A cracking ride!

Pure Savage

So I was cruising through sea point this morning, hit a bump and thought a riding mate let one rip. Only then realised my seat was a little wobbly.

post-11806-0-30556100-1467880103_thumb.jpg

Snapped above the clamp, had carbon paste on shaft, torqued to correct torque. There is an inherent problem with the seat post as the lacquer chips off and then becomes too skinny and then slides down the whole time, in the process rubbing away some carbon. 

Seat post has done 25 000km.

Whaaaattt???!!! A mere 25 000km? Lol, good service in my opinion, on a more serious note, glad for you that it didn't snap/broke off without you knowing after a standing sprint, to be met with carbon splinters in the spinchter.

Agreed, but my carbon handle bar is also 25 000km old and going fine. I think its the constant slipping of the seatpost that caused the weakness, although it should not have broken. 

"No wonder you have shaft trouble if you cruise in seapoint"

Chirp of the day for sure!.

No wonder you have shaft trouble if you cruise in seapoint...

Hopefully it will be treatable...

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

You beat me to it  :whistling:

I did not realise a carbon seatpost has to be replaced after just about 25 000kms?? I have a venge as well and should then take note of this?

Turns out that the City of Cape Town will cover my seat post as the bump I hit was an unmarked pot hole :D

Tell me more.

I hit an open water main inspection hatch at 47kph last week and pinch flatted two tubes and dented a rim.

Hypothetically, how does one go about claiming seeing as I am in Jo'burg and will have no chance of success. :cursing:

Tell me more.

I hit an open water main inspection hatch at 47kph last week and pinch flatted two tubes and dented a rim.

Hypothetically, how does one go about claiming seeing as I am in Jo'burg and will have no chance of success. :cursing:

Speak to your local councellor.... wait.... he may also be found cruising in seapoint....

http://www.jra.org.za/index.php/2013-11-05-10-56-47/customer-care

Claim forms downloadable here.

Edited by V12man

Tell me more.

As V12 pointed out above, public liability claim. Even if it takes ages, worth it.