2016 Vuelta a España

Bonus

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's probably why he said it. What use are they in the race if they not going to do their job? kick em out!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Pssst, some die hard Quintana fans might take offense Rocket-Boy.

Delivery and tone you see. (apparently, my short temper and tactlessness gets me in sh it way too often)

Naa dude, the forums needs the odd blunt response to things.  

I dont always agree with your opinions but I can appreciate the knowledge behind them.

To be honest what else is CF going to say!!... if he did not agree that the rules are the rules he would be lambasted for it !!

Naa dude, the forums needs the odd blunt response to things.

I dont always agree with your opinions but I can appreciate the knowledge behind them.

I like to think that if NQ was a superhero character his superhero name would be "Monotron"!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

To be honest what else is CF going to say!!... if he did not agree that the rules are the rules he would be lambasted for it !!

For sure, like punching a spectator and been penalized, oh wait that only applied to Froome. 

Interesting official remark from Vooltah people:

“The race commissaires, having discussed the situation with the race organisation, the AIGCP rep and the technical directors of the race, consider that the image of cycling would be negative if the 71st Vuelta has to continue with only 71 riders from the 16th stage onwards.”

FYI

Without the time cut being overruled, Sky would have been left with just Froome for the remainder of the Vuelta, as he was the only rider from the team to finish within the time limit. Bora-Argon, FDJ and Lotto-Jumbo would also have had just one rider left, while Giant-Alpecin, Dimension Data and Cofidis would have had just two.

(Source: Cyclingnews)

"If the rule's there, it's there for a reason..."

Froome Dawg, on the time limit debate at Vuelta a Espana 2016

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-InCR2AxP5L4/UcWtXNw_iGI/AAAAAAAAADg/8jp74fDuPPY/s1600/Chris-Froome-001.jpg

Rest day press conferences

And get this Froome apparently said he believes the rider that missed cut off should've been eliminated.. wonder if he knows all his team mates missed it.

https://twitter.com/EuroHoody/status/773091423189082112

Hmm, his point has merit, the rule has been bent for so long now none of the riders pay any attention to it, they know if they all arrive together they wont be eliminated no matter what the time is. They basically ignore the rule.

However the rules are the rules, its unfair to apply the rule to a lone rider who had a bad day and gets tossed out, and then ignore the rule when an autobus of lazy riders arrive an hour after the cut off.

So Yah, I tend to agree, toss them out. You will only need to do it once and they wont ignore the rule again, believe me. 

I havent been watching all the stages but after Quintana benefited from 'Berto's attacking and breakaway he has quite a commanding lead and now claims he will now just ride defensively,.... in other words he will just do what he does best and ride wheels till the end,... thank goodness we have 'Berto here to liven up this snore fest......!   

I havent been watching all the stages but after Quintana benefited from 'Berto's attacking and breakaway he has quite a commanding lead and now claims he will now just ride defensively,.... in other words he will just do what he does best and ride wheels till the end,... thank goodness we have 'Berto here to liven up this snore fest......!

He has been quite aggressive during the Vuelta.. he just couldn't shake Froome.. well until he hopped on the Bert attack

But yes thank heavens Bert is there he really has turned the Vuelta on it's head

In all fairness Nairo really doesn't need to do anything else but ride defensively it is up to Froome now, and not only does Froome have to go try and win it he has needs to defend his current position.. the next couple of stages are going to be very interesting.

I have eventually found some time to catch up on some hub reading.

Nice report Bonus - some really awesome photos and certainly something to remember/talk about in the future.

Given the dislike of some riders, has anyone else (here) read Wiggo's biography? I found it quite interesting (intriguing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived