Louis Meintjies

Rhodent

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Daryl rode incredibly well. Worked tirelessly for his team.

Did I dream it or did I see an interview with DI in which he said he thought that Louis would go far in the Olympics and looked forward to working for him?

Guest notmyname

Nope, he came through the ranks of the Toyota / Cycle Lab Academy while in RSA, if my memory serves me right.

While at school he spent 6 mths a year in Italy to get used to the racing conditions and gain experience. He rode for the Lotto Belisol U23 amateur team.

He then joined the Pro ranks and got signed by MTN Quebeka. And the rest is history.

So Razzmatazz and his gang has got nothing to do with his success.

Thanks for the reply.

Did I dream it or did I see an interview with DI in which he said he thought that Louis would go far in the Olympics and looked forward to working for him?

[emoji6] Nope it wasn't a dream.. [emoji106]

Go the cheese

He finished on the same time at JRod so I think they took "media license" and gave him tie 7th :-)

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2016/us/classifications.html

I have no idea how they decide who finishes where when the time are identical... Anyone?

Based on fractions of a second from time trials afaik

Was answered in the TdF thread...

a) Final individual general time ranking The general individual time ranking is established by adding together the times achieved by each rider in the 21 stages including time penalties. In the event of a tie in the general ranking, the hundredth of a second recorded by the timekeepers during the individual time trial stages will be included in the total times in order to decide the overall winner. If a tie should still result from this, then the places achieved for each stage are added up and, as a last resort, the place obtained in the final stage is counted.

[emoji6] Nope it wasn't a dream.. [emoji106]

Go the cheese

And we have seen what a strong domestique DI have become. Should be interesting.

Well done Louis ... you are a star !!

Wait till Lampre , or whom ever you ride for in 2018 , build a team around you .

You are a genuine title contender .

Great to hear Daryl commit to helping Louis .... gonna be awesome .

By the way , when is the Olympic Road race ??

You are ALL WRONG.

He comes from Rustenburg...ergo, it must be Mynkies (ie a "little mine")

Also, when the TV commentators on the Tour or Giro say that Louis is "DIGGING DEEP", you know what they really mean by it...

Daryl rode incredibly well. Worked tirelessly for his team.

must be his best GC return over the years (not what he's measured on, but shows he was there pulling turns at the end of the big stages).

He also laid down the final punch for Mathews to win his stage.

He finished on the same time at JRod so I think they took "media license" and gave him tie 7th :-)

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2016/us/classifications.html

I have no idea how they decide who finishes where when the time are identical... Anyone?

If you want I can also send the link to the rules, but in order of (1) TT to 1/100th of second, (2) sum of all stages' places, (3) place last stage

Edit: thanks gerald [emoji106]

Edited by andydude

If you want I can also send the link to the rules, but in order of (1) TT to 1/100th of second, (2) sum of all stages' places, (3) place last stage

Edit: thanks gerald [emoji106]

While setting up the Fantasy Comp for last year, I stumbled across their rule book.

must be his best GC return over the years (not what he's measured on, but shows he was there pulling turns at the end of the big stages).

He also laid down the final punch for Mathews to win his stage.

Surprisingly, Daryl has only finished the Tour 3 times.

Year | GC | Green | KOM

2016 | 38 | 29 | 45

2015 - crash

2014 - suspended

2013 | 74 | 11 | -

2012 | 111 | 11 | -

• 2 years later...

Sorry if this was covered in another thread, but for what reason is he not riding the 2019 Tour de France?