Want to see the face of a bike thief?

Skubarra

post-25673-0-27625100-1469790917_thumb.jpg

post-25673-0-16873800-1469790886_thumb.jpg

So I return to work from a bike service yesterday, park in the "secure" basement parking at the office where I work at the large blue insurance company in Bellville

A little than an hour later this f$^$&&%^ casually strolled into my workplace, makes a beeline straight to my parking spot through an unlocked service door (that I didn't know was unlocked)

Within 3 minutes of entering the garage he was leaving by the same door with my bike having successfully removed it from it's secured position on the bikerack (might have well locked it with spaghetti)

Then casually left through the back parking lot

5 minutes later the bike was sold at a nearby location (of which there is also video footage available and by a stroke of luck also seen by a witness - police is following up on this which is why I am purposefully a bit vague on details)

So within 15 minutes from that first photo my bike was stolen and sold!

but there is a small chance I might get it back if the police do their job

So no Burger mtb for me on Sunday..

Up until now I have not had any problems with Outsurance (which I know is not loved her on the bikehub) - but now I will find out for myself first hand.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is; Who notified him to come and collect the bike at so, and so parking and arranged for the door to be unlocked.

In, out and sold in 15min. Sounds like he had some inside scoop on what and where. Even had a buyer and a set price.

Just my 2c's

Hope you find the bastard. In fact I hope him mother finds out what he did and beats the crap out of him with a pole, then takes him to the cops.

yeah sounds like he had an informant /assistant

and a bike locked on a car bike carrier is an unlocked bike

sorry mate it really sux

Not holding my breath but the leads are actually quite solid, so with the "basic-est" of detective work we might find the buyer. 

At least I know exactly how it happened and it seems that insurance will pay out so let's see

Hope you find the bastard. In fact I hope him mother finds out what he did and beats the crap out of him with a pole, then takes him to the cops.

Hope he sqeals and tells them who his friend is that told him to "pick up" the trapfiets from his employers parking area

I believe the identity of the buyer will be quite easy to establish, if SAPS follow up on info given to them.

Security is taking this very serious, and will hound SAPS to get an outcome ASAP.

I believe the identity of the buyer will be quite easy to establish, if SAPS follow up on info given to them.

Security is taking this very serious, and will hound SAPS to get an outcome ASAP.

Wannabe - I am extremely impressed with the reaction of our security. Early the next morning I had video footage of the incident & a witness to the bike being sold . I really could not ask for more (other than not leaving doors open..)

Edited by Skubarra

Slimey mo-fo,damn he deserves a good kickin the f'ing scumbag. And so nonchalant,makes my blood boil.

Let's hope all this ends well for you & very bad for him. Holding thumbs .