woa, easy there Tim. Meezo is simply expressing his concerns and impressions. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with lack of appreciation for the thankless task performed by the Tokai trail crew.

We who have interacted with Mark more than a few times know the man is a fantastic person. If he had an off day or few, and someone just happen to be around at the time, so bloody what. Their perception, no matter how negative is as authentic as the fact that Mark is a gem.

So lets cool it down abit, and let the two of them sort it out. They are both mature to handle the concerns by themselves, One of the truest measures of a person is their ability to take criticism, and in my experience the Tokai trail crew have traditionally been exceptional in that regard: very open to criticism, and never lash out.

So let's not stoop to that level.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark nearly took me and another rider out a few meters ahead of me, in he's bakkie a few weeks back.

I'd like to think that him and Deon are on completely opposite scales, Deon you get a smile a wave and he makes sure he gives enough space, with Mark the rider ahead of me had to ride off the track and uncleat.

I've met all 3 in person, but my meetings with Mark have only been unpleasant.

Hi. If you feel aggrieved by the events you’ve described you’re welcome to send an email to trails@tokaimtb.co.za and give your version of events that it can be looked into further. There is not enough to take into consideration here but if you provide details including dates that you can remember and what transpired to give you this impression, that would help.

Hi. If you feel aggrieved by the events you’ve described you’re welcome to send an email to trails@tokaimtb.co.za and give your version of events that it can be looked into further. There is not enough to take into consideration here but if you provide details including dates that you can remember and what transpired to give you this impression, that would help.

Thanks for response Deon.

Will do so. I've been in discussion with Mark, we haven't come to a conclusion but I'm not expecting anything from it.

I will probably be in the park this weekend and will come speak to you or him if we pass by each other

Mezzo wtf. Again WTF. You go and have a jol at Tokai and come here and anonymously slag off someone who has devoted hours of his life to allowing you to do that for free. Mark is on the Hub as you should know. Such gratitude...

Tim I'm sorry if the post came across that way, it's not what i meant. I've been in discussion Mark, and i thank the team for the hard work like i have been in previous posts, however I do feel the need to voice my concerns of an event that I've seen and experienced. Deon has given me a email address I'll put what needs to in writing and you and the committee can address it accordingly

Thanks for response Deon.

Will do so. I've been in discussion with Mark, we haven't come to a conclusion but I'm not expecting anything from it.

I will probably be in the park this weekend and will come speak to you or him if we pass by each other

No problem.

So with that said, then let me respond personally. I did not like your post. Using me as some sort of benchmark to cast an aspersion on someone's character not only makes me directly involved, it leaves me feeling like there's more to this.

You do realise that we sometimes chase criminals trying to stab you guys anything up to 4 times in the head. Crazy people who care less for your life! Or that rider with a femoral artery puncture you could stick your finger in.. I've had to get somewhere quickly too. (Getting to the speed limit of 30 is impossible so scratch speeding from how we respond to emergencies.)

There are complaints against me too but you've already proven that because I smile and waive that I'm a nice guy. Riders react badly to the fact that now a vehicle is suddenly in front of them, I've seen it a few times. Even stationary I've had people almost fall and shout at me. We are super careful and now because of a complaint that sounds like it as baggage attached, we must jeopardise what we have going?!

We do this for you guys. Send the email so we can get to the bottom of this.

No problem.

So with that said, then let me respond personally. I did not like your post. Using me as some sort of benchmark to cast an aspersion on someone's character not only makes me directly involved, it leaves me feeling like there's more to this.

You do realise that we sometimes chase criminals trying to stab you guys anything up to 4 times in the head. Crazy people who care less for your life! Or that rider with a femoral artery puncture you could stick your finger in.. I've had to get somewhere quickly too. (Getting to the speed limit of 30 is impossible so scratch speeding from how we respond to emergencies.)

There are complaints against me too but you've already proven that because I smile and waive that I'm a nice guy. Riders react badly to the fact that now a vehicle is suddenly in front of them, I've seen it a few times. Even stationary I've had people almost fall and shout at me. We are super careful and now because of a complaint that sounds like it as baggage attached, we must jeopardise what we have going?!

We do this for you guys. Send the email so we can get to the bottom of this.

email sent.

Meezo, you having a bad time at tokai?

I only know Mark from tokai. Cycled with him, his son, capricorn and myles once years ago. Everytime he sees me we chat. Cant say I have had an unpleasant encounter with him.

Also i stop when that bakkie or the baboon patrol toyota comes riding along the jeep track. In some sections you need momentum to overcome those ruts and loose parts.

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Well I like Mark more than Deon. Sorry Deon. It was a tough call.

I mean, you have great hair and all but Mark DOES have that accent going for him.

Well thanks for being so honest. If nothing else, at least you'll have that.

:P  

Just to take it back to Tokai trails. Are we in winter or summer times at the moment. Aka 7am or 8am roll in?

2. Tokai Pedestrian & MTB trail access gate:

• Months

1 May- 31 August
        1 September- 30 April

• Gate Times

08:00-17:00
        07:00-18:00

• Last Entry

17:00
        18:00

• Exit Times

18:00
        19:00

Looks like Winter entry and exit times start 1May and end 31 August

Edited by DieselnDust

Yissie boys are getting heated in here.

Personally I think Deon uses his access to the mountain as a cover and has a weed plantation up there. Which is why he is so anti rogue riding and why he puts so much effort in.

Mark uses his own Landy and diesel to ferry those loafers who are supposed to be watching out for dodgy characters up there but we all know he drives up there coz he wants access to free 4x4 trails.