• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign is now in place.

Wow, that was quick!?

(wrong sign you paluka.. :ph34r:  :whistling:  I mean the trail sign )

They were on the radio the other day moaning about how they get less money from government but they still have to preserve the place and pay peeps. 

They were saying thats why none of the money goes to trail maintenance. Its a bit of a joke, major draw card for Cape Town is our natural beauty, brings in plenty dosh, but do you think the Government would spend some money to preserve it. Nope, they can create another form of tax. 

They get  nearly R100 Million a year out of TMNP - (90 Bar alone t/o at Cape Point according to Gavin Bell to me 2 years ago) The amount they would have to contribute to the trails from activity permits is negligible in comparison but would do so much to win public support and ensure the trails are up to scratch. The battle on this front continues...

so is there gonna be a lot of people there on Saturday?

getting my permit tomorrow :w00t:

Expect the whole of the greater cape town to be there saturday.

That said most other trails most likely to be empty

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I rode Cobra and it is very rideable - has lost some of the punch in its venom - many turned around before getting to its entrance as the grass is dense and tall but worth while.

Loved the Bridle Path (Switchbacks) - some nice berms and jumps but pleeaasee don't drag the rear wheel round the berms they will be ruined as they need rain to compact them.

We need a million times more than the little coming tomorrow. But every bit counts

Should be more than we've seen in a while. 14 mm over 9 hours isn't heavy.

But its no drizzle either.

http://i.imgur.com/Kv5fa9G.jpg

But I have noticed how rain and cloud cover forecasts has been exaggerated lately.

Lets hope they got it right this time.

Should be more than we've seen in a while. 14 mm over 9 hours isn't heavy.

But its no drizzle either.

http://i.imgur.com/Kv5fa9G.jpg

But I have noticed how rain and cloud cover forecasts has been exaggerated lately.

Lets hope they got it right this time.

Not sure how accurate that is, Wind Guru not that reliable lately, but I am getting an avg of 0.7mm for tommorrow and 2.3mm for sat

There's a fire in Masi. And it's running, apparently

Last update seemed to indicate that it was out or at least contained.

Well, its supposed to rain near the end of next week as well, for a few days. Lets hope and pray this happens. I reckon a 3 to 5 day spell of solid rain will be great