[Event] Durbie Dash

BigNiner

Seeding beta of 1.02 .. last year 1.26 ..  but the winner was 15min slower than last year

giving up on understanding the regression of the polar mean line intersecting the linear flow of the ozone depletion coefficient . 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeding beta of 1.02 .. last year 1.26 ..  but the winner was 15min slower than last year

giving up on understanding the regression of the polar mean line intersecting the linear flow of the ozone depletion coefficient . 

Last year's Durbie dash was actually 1.06 beta but PPA increased all the beta's of their races during winter to boost our seedings it seems.

But I agree this year was much tougher than last year. winner last year did 2h10 and this year 2h20 so clearly beta should be higher than last year.

post-41373-0-97780800-1478010940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bankie99

Last year's Durbie dash was actually 1.06 beta but PPA increased all the beta's of their races during winter to boost our seedings it seems.

But I agree this year was much tougher than last year. winner last year did 2h10 and this year 2h20 so clearly beta should be higher than last year.

By how much did they adjust the winning time last year and this year - one should always look at that together with the beta

Speaking of roadies, why is it that I still see so many mountain bikers in skin tight roadie pants and not the more descent and self respecting MTB shorts?

in that wind I would have taken off like a blimp with a pair of baggies on. Seriously, haven't found anything vaguely comfortable for more than 2 hours in the saddle - always catch across the top of my quads.

I have two pairs, Fox Ranger with the separate inner and Capestorm with built-in inner. Rode the One Tonner with the more baggy Capestorm on my road bike and after that I threw out my last set of roadie pants. Let's start making cycling cool again - bring in the baggies! :thumbup:  

Yes, I'm circumcised - but I don't need bicycle pants to advertise it. 

Edited by Rouxenator

I have two pairs, Fox Ranger with the separate inner and Capestorm with built-in inner. Rode the One Tonner with the more baggy Capestorm on my road bike and after that I threw out my last set of roadie pants. Let's start making cycling cool again - bring in the baggies! :thumbup:

Yes, I'm circumcised - but I don't need bicycle pants to advertise it.

shoo too much info Roux, FYI if you didn't know yet Rapunzel is a lady #justsaying

Speaking of roadies, why is it that I still see so many mountain bikers in skin tight roadie pants and not the more descent and self respecting MTB shorts?

I've learned not to judge on appearance. I've been passed by ooms in PT shorts and those safari sandals before, and I've been dropped in the ST by a tannie 20 years older than me as well, who was riding a hardtail.

By how much did they adjust the winning time last year and this year - one should always look at that together with the beta

So last years actual winning time was 2h10 and adjusted to 2h00 beta of 1.06

This year actual winning time 2h20 and adjusted to 2h18 beta of 1.02

Ah, female you say? Then tighter fitting is better.  :devil:

Not just any female.

One of the most hardcore/talented ones around (many a man has challenged her on the trails, and regretted doing it)

And then she is a honey also.....  :whistling:

So last years actual winning time was 2h10 and adjusted to 2h00 beta of 1.06

This year actual winning time 2h20 and adjusted to 2h18 beta of 1.02

So without doing the actual math I would say that for people who finished near the front of the field in 2016 would get a relatively better seeding index than 2015 because the larger beta last year was offset by the larger adjustment in winning time.

How PPA decides on these things is beyond me despite Savage's valiant attempt to explain this to us on the One Tonner thread.

So without doing the actual math I would say that for people who finished near the front of the field in 2016 would get a relatively better seeding index than 2015 because the larger beta last year was offset by the larger adjustment in winning time.

How PPA decides on these things is beyond me despite Savage's valiant attempt to explain this to us on the One Tonner thread.

Ok makes sense and totally correct assumption.