Race for Victory 2016 - hubbers

NotSoBigBen

just follow the bunch...

But what if I intend to lead the bunch instead of following them...I've always enjoyed the role of a workhorse  ;)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 220m of climbing?

Yes its flat, Not sure its that flat but last year the wind was quite strong at one stage and we where strung out across the road and that's how we got the DQ.

Only 220m of climbing?

you have to open an activity for it to show the proper elevation.

I checked a few and it ranges between 600-700m.

Thanks. I tried to create my own route on Strava from the Route Description for the race but for some odd reason Strava does not want to display the Bloemendal road section, strange...

I'll download the 2015 route, should be pretty much the same as this year, correct?

Yes its flat, Not sure its that flat but last year the wind was quite strong at one stage and we where strung out across the road and that's how we got the DQ.

its always windy round here. Yesterday was a bit rough .... Thankfully caught 3 guys on the old Vereeniging road. Certainly eased the wind for a 20min.

I'm in for Sunday ????.... Going to be fast . Hope I can hang on ????

I feel like a serious Noob right now... can't seem to find a way to export the segment? Want a GPX file or similar to upload to my Garmin. Any advice? Anyone?

You need to be a premium member, then click on one of the riders to view their activity, you will then see a button "Export effort as a virtual partner", then you will be able to download as a tcx or gpx file

I feel like a serious Noob right now... can't seem to find a way to export the segment? Want a GPX file or similar to upload to my Garmin. Any advice? Anyone?

PM'd you ...

Only 220m of climbing?

If it's the same route as last year, then climbing is just under 800m according to my gps

Second time for me.. And first race after injury..

Aish flat stages are so tough being a lightweight.

I think I'd drop down a start group or two and work with a nice paced group..

When do we get seeding..

Seeding will be out Tuesday/ Wednesday probably before Number Collection.

Lots of wind in the 2nd half of the race too...

But still a fast race.

See you all on Sunday.

Archived