You know cycling's in your blood when...

Hackster

Tell me about it!!!

This year alone:

Crash at Argus on hospital bend elite bunch, still finished with A batch. Damage: broken ribs, bruised kidneys, internal bleeding = few weeks off.

First week back riding properly I pull my foot out the pedal in a sprint at 60kph.

Damage: big time concussion, shattered clavicle, deep head laceration, internal bleeding, some skin missing = 1 week in bed and 6 off the bike.

Back on the bike for a few weeks, so decided to go have some fun on the nationals xco course. Walking speed OTB, landed perfectly wrong: broken back (compression fractures and anterior wedging in 2 vertebrae) = 8 weeks off the bike and my season has gone to pot.

Have to keep reminding my self it could be worse.

And some people still think that cyclists are a bunch of wussies. :whistling:

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it!!!

This year alone:

Crash at Argus on hospital bend elite bunch, still finished with A batch. Damage: broken ribs, bruised kidneys, internal bleeding = few weeks off.

First week back riding properly I pull my foot out the pedal in a sprint at 60kph.

Damage: big time concussion, shattered clavicle, deep head laceration, internal bleeding, some skin missing = 1 week in bed and 6 off the bike.

Back on the bike for a few weeks, so decided to go have some fun on the nationals xco course. Walking speed OTB, landed perfectly wrong: broken back (compression fractures and anterior wedging in 2 vertebrae) = 8 weeks off the bike and my season has gone to pot.

Spoke101,

Yoh yoh yoh ????

A new chain, a bottle of lube and some luvhandles grips are the epitome of romance

I wonder if Chainsaw follows your posts just to see what you want for Christmas! :whistling:

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Last 2 years.  Shoulder rebuild.  Tested the doc's work with two spectacular crashes afterwards.  Still working fine.  Surgery on eyelids, looked like a drunk Spaniel doggie, before operation, and you do not realise what this does to your already poor eyesight.  They cut off the eyelids, cut another 1cm off, and put them back.  Not fun! 3 weeks of hell!  Single track was a nightmare before this drastic step!! Now, single track she is so much better!!!

Guest notmyname

Coming down Chapmans Peak once a guy once asked whether I had a big one on. I must have looked shocked.....then he said, it sounds like your fishing reel is screaming........that's mah Campy road wheels man! They sound like I've caught a Marlin that is making for the horizon!

Yes!!!! Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz great sound.

Last 2 years. Shoulder rebuild. Tested the doc's work with two spectacular crashes afterwards. Still working fine. Surgery on eyelids, looked like a drunk Spaniel doggie, before operation, and you do not realise what this does to your already poor eyesight. They cut off the eyelids, cut another 1cm off, and put them back. Not fun! 3 weeks of hell! Single track was a nightmare before this drastic step!! Now, single track she is so much better!!!

Sounds like one of the "Saw" movies!!

Glad the single track is better though...

Jumping speed bumps when in the Landy!

When you pump the bumps on your bakkie, and try to unweight it going over bad bits on the gravel.

I found myself drafting a truck going up a hill in my bakkie yesterday, then came out of the slip to overtake :0

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Tell me about it!!!

This year alone:

Maybe it's a sign for you to start taking up a different sport, maybe lawn bowls or something less hazardous to your well being?

????

I have 2 Colnago frames. In the process of completing the one, and I'm already contemplating getting a third before I start on the 2nd one's build.