The EzelEnduro: Bigger and tougher

ewaldsadie

I'm under no illusions as to the fact that I'd have been BROKEN after 3 or 4 stages. I've ridden there, I know the terrain and I've seen the hike-a-bike sections are (or where they could be) and they're brutal. I know I need to be a lot fitter than I am at the moment to even think about doing the Ezel. But it's a goal for next year for sure. 

Going back to Ezel in December. Love that place. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm under no illusions as to the fact that I'd have been BROKEN after 3 or 4 stages. I've ridden there, I know the terrain and I've seen the hike-a-bike sections are (or where they could be) and they're brutal. I know I need to be a lot fitter than I am at the moment to even think about doing the Ezel. But it's a goal for next year for sure. 

Going back to Ezel in December. Love that place.

I take it that the trail is open all year round then?

Looks like awesome, but tough riding!

Keen to go ride there sometime as well as some of the other trails in the area.

Just bear in mind the ezelenduro trails are not part of the main trail network.

The 1st 2 stages are linked to the prescribed mtb routes, the others are all goat/weasel/hiking/mx enduro trails that the farm owners use to practice for roof of africa on.

Best to maybe get permission from the farm owner before yo go wandering looking for the Ezelduro trails off some strava bio's. 

If you do manage to get it wrong it is quite inaccessible with limited cell signal in places.

It is however, absolutely amazing bike riding. 

as far as I know you need to cross a neighbouring farm to get to stage 3. I might be wrong.

But the rest of the trails are open year round, we usually make a weekend out of it and camp in the Eco Huts. book them out (or the guesthouse) with a couple of mates and you'll have an amazing weekend with awesome riding. 

• 8 months later...

Still invite only? Would love a chance of wrecking my body and bike there!

Where does one enter?

Go to the iRide Africa website and sign up to the mailing list

As easy as that

Go to the iRide Africa website and sign up to the mailing list

As easy as that

Thanks,

but it looks like its the same weekend as the Eselfontein Festival 3 day stage race? Or is the stage race the Enduro? Im confused, anyway I entered the Stage race, so will have to wait and see.

Thanks,

but it looks like its the same weekend as the Eselfontein Festival 3 day stage race? Or is the stage race the Enduro? Im confused, anyway I entered the Stage race, so will have to wait and see.

Unfortunately it is on the saturday, the same day as one of the stages.

It forms part of the Ezel festival of radness.... Trail runs, Enduro, stage race.... Beer drinking... the works