Trail Z officially opened at Hoogekraal?

billygoat0523

Rode the trail this morning.  Man, what a blast.  I really enjoyed hammering the brakes in the berms to practise my Scandi-flick/slides, sometimes even using the berms as lips to pop off into the field.  I found the one gap jump to be a bit small, so I broke down the landing and rebuilt it a few meters further (picture attached).  You're welcome.  Thanks all involved.  So rad!

attachicon.gifLanding bru.jpg

Like a true rouge rider - what a boss! :-)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a video of the trail being ridden - including one oke going OTB for no apparent reason. Is this new bit super enduro or was it just madly bad skills? 

There is apparently going to be beer. Not sure about the boeries though.

will make sure my no. board is nice and shinny !

I saw a video of the trail being ridden - including one oke going OTB for no apparent reason. Is this new bit super enduro or was it just madly bad skills? 

link to the link tchjina!

The trail looks INCREDIBLY tame in that video...Why spend so much time building a trail and add nothing technical for riders to progress on...?

Here's hoping those parts were just not shown in this video  :thumbup:

dunno what's worse, the OTB or that terrible bubble gum lazer music in the background

Luckily my sound was off when I watched it.

The video does not do it justice. It is beyond fun. The first down has many un-manicured line choices with awesome natural features, kickers, doubles, gaps, wall rides etc. The second down, think the gorge 2.0, bigger and better!! 1.8km long. Drops, tables, woops and berms for days.

The trail looks INCREDIBLY tame in that video...Why spend so much time building a trail and add nothing technical for riders to progress on...?

Here's hoping those parts were just not shown in this video  :thumbup:

I reckon they edited out the technical stuff because they were walking around it...

The video does not do it justice. It is beyond fun. The first down has many un-manicured line choices with awesome natural features, kickers, doubles, gaps, wall rides etc. The second down, think the gorge 2.0, bigger and better!! 1.8km long. Drops, tables, woops and berms for days.

Drops of what size? Like the HUGE one in the Gorge 1.0...?

Any rock gardens, or off camber stuff?

How big are the doubles, 1m, 2m?

We need stuff to allow people to progress on the trails...instead of having to go to Stellenbosch.

I've become somewhat despondent...but am hoping it won't just be more of the same...Like how amazingly technical the new Lombards was supposed to be and turned out....fun...but not difficult to ride...Even for beginners riding the non-jump lines.

Drops of what size? Like the HUGE one in the Gorge 1.0...?

Any rock gardens, or off camber stuff?

How big are the doubles, 1m, 2m?

We need stuff to allow people to progress on the trails...instead of having to go to Stellenbosch.

I've become somewhat despondent...but am hoping it won't just be more of the same...Like how amazingly technical the new Lombards was supposed to be and turned out....fun...but not difficult to ride...Even for beginners riding the non-jump lines.

I really enjoy the new Terra (even if it isn't technically challenging), it is super fun.  I feel the same way about Trail Z.  Keeping in mind that it is an IMBA Blue graded trail.

The first half of the first down is manicured single track, some very slight off camber sections, a few tight switchbacks and berms for days.  The second half, once you cross over the first stile, becomes mini freeridesque territory.  So many natural features to play on.  The gaps are what you make of them depending on how hard you hit them. You can send it a meter or four, up to you (suppose not proper gaps then).

Then there are just natural kickers and mini tables everywhere to just pop off and over. There is a nice wall ride, nice and high.  Hopefully the trail fairies will hear our wishes and build a nice big transfer onto it soon!

The top of the second down is very much like the start of Super Tubes with a nice 2-3 foot rock drop into a bermed turn (chicken run available of course).  Then the lower bit of the second down is very much like the original gorge, very natural.  The drops are also 2-3 foot into a trough of sorts in front of tables, so you drop off, squash down and get popped over the table whether you like it or not (chicken run available again).  Then rollers,  jumps, doubles etc, all rollable if need be, so you kinda make it what you want with your own speed and skill.

It is really just super fun and an awesome addition to our network!

Archived