GoPro announces Karma drone, Hero5 lineup and more

News bot

Try out DJI or Xiaomi YI 2 you noob

Cool story, bro.

I'm not suggesting they are bad products.

What I am calling you out on, is making a statement that "GO pro stuff is crap."

What are you basing this statement on?

Well marketed? - Absolutely

Overpriced? - Quite possibly

Crap? - Ummmm, not so much

Edited by StevieL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool story, bro.

I'm not suggesting they are bad products.

What I am calling you out on, is making a statement that "GO pro stuff is crap."

What are you basing this statement on?

Well marketed? - Absolutely

Overpriced? - Quite possibly

Crap? - Ummmm, not so much

Overpriced, terrible battery life on all their stuff, terrible sound, tons of software problems. You watch. The karma is going to be just as bad as the hero 3

Yeah because 5 million subscribers and GC man of the year must make you a real tool

he is a tool, the amount of subscribers he has doesnt change that. Some people clearly like tools, you defending him probably means you are a fan.

he is a tool, the amount of subscribers he has doesnt change that. Some people clearly like tools, you defending him probably means you are a fan.

Have you watched many of his Vlogs? 

Some critical functions left out of Karma:

- no follow-me mode - could be added via firmware upgrade

- obstacle avoidance - not possible without hardware upgrade

- ground detectors - not possible without hardware upgrade

- use with GP4 to control camera requires adapter as configuration of ports is different to GP5\

Controller has its own screen so no need for a tablet or phone. Great form factor and detachable gimbal for handheld use is cool - a bit on the cumbersome side right now for mounting on a chesty or helmet...they're bringing out a remote unit which will carry the power but there will be a cable to the gimbal...got a similar gimbal (Zhiyun Tech Rider 2) and the cable is a pain in the butt and vulnerable to breaks in the wiring at either end. 

IMHO - Follow-me mode needs to be added to make it compete with DJI

Edited by capediver

IMHO - Follow-me mode needs to be added to make it compete with DJI

It doesn't compete with the Phantom though, does it?

I'm a fan. right here.

he even said his favorite place to go in the world is cape town. cant argue with that.

DJI is a bit of a sell out as well.

Just make your own drones.

Train a posduif to come sit on your shoulder and stuff. Like a pirate with a fancy bird of sortes.

I badly want one of these camera's but I am still undecided if I want the new GoPro or the Garmin Virb 30 Ultra. Bit I dont want it to mtb and stuff just to have around to take cool picks and videos while out and about.

Have you watched many of his Vlogs? 

Nope, just that one. I cant stand people that throw equipment around like that, it gets my knickers in a knot.

Other than that he looks quite annoying.

Nope, just that one. I cant stand people that throw equipment around like that, it gets my knickers in a knot.

Other than that he looks quite annoying.

Watch some of them, maybe watch this one... all the way to the end! (Its very early footage) 

In a few of them he talks about equipment etc... 

Overpriced, terrible battery life on all their stuff, terrible sound, tons of software problems. You watch. The karma is going to be just as bad as the hero 3

Gopro is the benchmark by test and for good reason, granted they are over priced though. They have some shortcomings but for what they do(take HD footage in a tiny waterproof form factor that allows mounting in extreme positions/situations) they are the class leaders. The karma with removable gimbal is going to be epic and perhaps not overly expensive for what you get.

The only thing with the proliferation of drones is idiots flying them everywhere and anywhere, I don't want some random dudes drone anywhere near me, it's an invasion of privacy and a potential injury risk, I can see things getting messy the more they become commonplace.

Edited by Skylark