Cradle Incident: Know this cyclist?

Mojoman

Go for a ride in the Cradle, lots of people out there looking to befriend a cyclist....!

bwhaaaaa, chirp of the day :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I don't have Facebook. Same thing happens there with racial incidents... could be seen as a breeding ground for hate in my opinion.

me neither,,,well not that I can access,,,but as you say how many racist incidents have been sprouted out of it????and its just getting worse

What I don't understand is how this guy smacked a lady, in the face, in public, and not one person knocked him the hell out. 

I understand exactly what you are saying but people are often also reluctant to get involved for various reasons.  

Still not sold on this story... Something just doesn't add up...

Why would a woman on her own, in a car, land up in an altercation like this?

99.9% of men & or woman would have locked their car doors, and closed their windows, and let this psycho vent... I would have.

Something set this oke off (i don't agree with his actions) but the motorist probably didn't realize how far she crept into his space. Whether it was hooting real close to him or passing close (motorists won't understand this).

I see this attitude WITH MY WIFE. There is a cyclist in the road ahead, there might not even be a verge / yellow line for the cyclist, and she finds it a huge inconvenience to slow down.... When i ask her where the problem lies, she has to think about where the anger comes from.... I think it's due to perception & what people hear in the media/FB/etc. The cyclist is the enemy!

In countries where cycling is welcomed, encourage & supported, you just dont get this shitty attitude from motorists.

As a cyclist, motorcyclist & motorists on any given day, i think i can express an informed opinion, and state that the problem lies with motorists. Just because a small percentage of cyclists / motorcyclists / motorists are being a ****, don't drop to there level - wave them on, and hope they meet a painless end.

For the okes in the west rand forums, bring the tar & feathers...

I always try to look on the bright side with any horrible story. So the up side. The guy has most likely already burnt that awful shirt because it is so easily identifiable. We will never see that shirt again.

I think you giving this oke way too much credit in the "thinking" dept.

He isn't at your evolutionary level quite yet...

Still not sold on this story... Something just doesn't add up...

Why would a woman on her own, in a car, land up in an altercation like this?

99.9% of men & or woman would have locked their car doors, and closed their windows, and let this psycho vent... I would have.

Something set this oke off (i don't agree with his actions) but the motorist probably didn't realize how far she crept into his space. Whether it was hooting real close to him or passing close (motorists won't understand this).

I see this attitude WITH MY WIFE. There is a cyclist in the road ahead, there might not even be a verge / yellow line for the cyclist, and she finds it a huge inconvenience to slow down.... When i ask her where the problem lies, she has to think about where the anger comes from.... I think it's due to perception & what people hear in the media/FB/etc. The cyclist is the enemy!

In countries where cycling is welcomed, encourage & supported, you just dont get this shitty attitude from motorists.

As a cyclist, motorcyclist & motorists on any given day, i think i can express an informed opinion, and state that the problem lies with motorists. Just because a small percentage of cyclists / motorcyclists / motorists are being a ****, don't drop to there level - wave them on, and hope they meet a painless end.

For the okes in the west rand forums, bring the tar & feathers...

As reported on the link provided by Mojoman she was not alone, anyhow why should she not have stopped, there were other motorists and cyclists in the vicinity so she felt safe. Go back onto other threads, there many comments that issues should be sorted out there and then instead of running to social media. As mentioned there are usually 2 sides to a story but I have yet to see any one offering anything different to the women's story, but there are backing her up. even cyclists.  

Edited by scotty

To others that question why the husband confronted the "alleged aggressor", i would have done the exact thing.

Are you man or mouse, squeek up now.

Thing is, there is a difference between confronted and approached, these articles claim the hubby simply approached the dude... As stated here, I think we all as husbands wouldnt simply "approach" a guy who punched out wives.

A man punches my girlfriend I'm not sure I would be able to just approach him. I would like to think I would but the reality is I would most likely pop a gasket. I would be very sorry afterwards but I fear I am not evolved enough.

Thing is, there is a difference between confronted and approached, these articles claim the hubby simply approached the dude... As stated here, I think we all as husbands wouldnt simply "approach" a guy who punched out wives.

Fair point I used confronted as approach is something I do when I inquire, such as approach the shop assistant in my LBS for assistance.

Hit my wife, girlfriend, hell even willfully damage my bike I am going to confront you. The trick is let the other person be the aggressor and take the first swing, or as is known here on the hub as "handbag swing" , then you can flatten him and claim self defense. 

Edited by scotty

I always try to look on the bright side with any horrible story. So the up side. The guy has most likely already burnt that awful shirt because it is so easily identifiable. We will never see that shirt again.

Best comment on this entire thread so far 

Top comment!

That shirt is unlikely to be a one-off. Right now people should be discretely slipping them into trash cans around the country......

Shame, some poor innocent cyclist is going to appear in a shirt like that next weekend and the AWB/Conserv-whatevers will be on him like a dose of the clap. Wait for it.

It has just dawned upon me that if the rider had a Garmin Varia, he wouldn't have pulled out infront of the driver, avoiding this whole debacle!

If I was in their marketing department I would be all over this thread! Chaching!

As reported on the link provided by Mojoman she was not alone, anyhow why should she not have stopped, there were other motorists and cyclists in the vicinity so she felt safe. Go back onto other threads, there many comments that issues should be sorted out there and then instead of running to social media. As mentioned there are usually 2 sides to a story but I have yet to see any one offering anything different to the women's story, but there are backing her up. even cyclists.  

That was my point. If / when he gets identified, his version might / will probably be different to hers. That's all. I am super chuffed that a cyclist came to her aid. In this day and age, people tend to pull out the their phones to shoot video or take a selfie with the chaos in the background; so big respect to that fellow cyclist & gentleman for getting involved (regardless of what the lady said or did..)