Cradle Incident: Know this cyclist?

Mojoman

What I don't understand about this is that it's now on news24 and at least one incident happened in a very public place where there were surely other patrons. Did no-one stop to look or come forward and give their view of what actually happened or what they saw?

I also wonder why no-one just simply followed him home in their car?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't understand about this is that it's now on news24 and at least one incident happened in a very public place where there were surely other patrons. Did no-one stop to look or come forward and give their view of what actually happened or what they saw?

means zero, about a month ago I sat at a robot and I saw  some special creature laying into his partner heavily, she had climbed out the car and he was using her as a punching bag, I pulled to the pavement and tried to stop him and I repeatedly reminded him thats a woman he is hitting, eventually he took a swing at me, when that was over I looked around and everyone was using their phones to capture this poor woman getting beaten. The group came running at me I thought here we go,, white gent assults a non white gent(in defence) two seconds later they decided now that he had finished beating her they put away the cameras and start mob justice,,,I was told thank you AND YOU MUST NOW LEAVE, BY THE SECOND LEAVE NOW I decided to leave, the lady thanked me, I flagged down a chubb car and gave him R100 told him to take her where she wants to go.

If you waiting for Joe public to help, all you need to do is read a few threads to see very few people want to get involved, and yes I do understand why, thinking back I got a family at home the situation could have ended very ugly for me, 

means zero, about a month ago I sat at a robot and I saw  some special creature laying into his partner heavily, she had climbed out the car and he was using her as a punching bag, I pulled to the pavement and tried to stop him and I repeatedly reminded him thats a woman he is hitting, eventually he took a swing at me, when that was over I looked around and everyone was using their phones to capture this poor woman getting beaten. The group came running at me I thought here we go,, white gent assults a non white gent(in defence) two seconds later they decided now that he had finished beating her they put away the cameras and start mob justice,,,I was told thank you AND YOU MUST NOW LEAVE, BY THE SECOND LEAVE NOW I decided to leave, the lady thanked me, I flagged down a chubb car and gave him R100 told him to take her where she wants to go.

If you waiting for Joe public to help, all you need to do is read a few threads to see very few people want to get involved, and yes I do understand why, thinking back I got a family at home the situation could have ended very ugly for me, 

I read a book the other day about cyber culture and how instead of trying to assist someone we would rather snap a pic or even worse take a selfie, there were cases of people on bridges looking to commit suicide with people milling around just taking pictures! Or another case where a teacher was going into labour and instead of the class summoning help they took selfies with the distraught teacher in the background....!

I read a book the other day about cyber culture and how instead of trying to assist someone we would rather snap a pic or even worse take a selfie, there were cases of people on bridges looking to commit suicide with people milling around just taking pictures! Or another case where a teacher was going into labour and instead of the class summoning help they took selfies with the distraught teacher in the background....!

flippen scary times and even scarier people around,,,,

You get my vote for hubber of the year

Pity people and the media can't go as vigorously after all the murderers on our roads using their vehicles as weapons of mass destruction, put them in jail and throw away the keys

Doesn't really make any difference what their intensions were.With those injuries to her husband the cyclist is going to do jail time for Assault GBH unless he comes forward with witnesses

Actually a sensible answer! I saw the whole incident happening. Regardless of what the motorist did or did not do, this is plain assault that took place. All the elements of a criminal act were there, and irrespective what grade of provocation he may plead, this was an intentional act. As the matter is now sub judice, this is all that I am disclosing at the moment, but this incident will not go away by itself.

Actually a sensible answer! I saw the whole incident happening. Regardless of what the motorist did or did not do, this is plain assault that took place. All the elements of a criminal act were there, and irrespective what grade of provocation he may plead, this was an intentional act. As the matter is now sub judice, this is all that I am disclosing at the moment, but this incident will not go away by itself.

I disagree. You cannot simply disregard one parties actions.

If she was attacking him with a panga and trying to run his kids over with her car, the story would be very different.

I am not defending anybody here, nor do I believe the dude was in the right, I am just saying that you cannot discard logic and the law simply because it doesnt suit your view.

What I don't understand is how this guy smacked a lady, in the face, in public, and not one person knocked him the hell out. 

Archived