Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

R1200 ??? Crikey ,tell him to move on already .. We not even talking real money for wheels.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, he inspected the wheels before he bought them, has had them six months, and now wants a refund. I would politely decline

Agree

OP you seem like a reasonable guy for even addressing this. Bottom line is 6 months is not a reasonable timeframe to be coming back with an issue and on that alone I would tell them to take a hike.

Thanks guys.....He also claims that I removed the stickers off the original Syncro rim and replaced it with a much cheaper rim.....I know that wheel decals are not re-usable...CORRECT?

At one point when he first called me(2 days ago) he claimed that " I told him they were Mavic wheels and they are not".......I am soooo serious...... I am shocked that people like this even walk among us.....

I would suggest that you post his Hub name so that we can avoid selling things to him in the future.

Well I think this gives us a taste of what bike shops and suppliers go through on a daily basis.

I promise I did not crash. It just fell off. It was the first time I rode the bike etc. Now you need to prove that it is not a stress mark or that it was there when he bought. If you don't replace it he will go only social media and try and flame you.

Maybe this post should wait for Friday :oops:

Being the person I am there is a part of me that wants to assist him.....BUT....His  claims are ridiculous to say the least....... and an insult to the way I conduct my dealings with fellow hubbers.... Assisting him would go against everything I stand for...... He claims that because I am a frequent "TRADER" on the hub I MUST GIVE HIM A REFUND......

Being the person I am there is a part of me that wants to assist him.....BUT....His  claims are ridiculous to say the least....... and an insult to the way I conduct my dealings with fellow hubbers.... Assisting him would go against everything I stand for...... He claims that because I am a frequent "TRADER" on the hub I MUST GIVE HIM A REFUND......

"Give him a refund..." or he is probably going to give you a negative rating? Out of interest how does the Hub handle this as clearly it would be a questionable rating? Can you have the rating removed should it be negative?

Well I think this gives us a taste of what bike shops and suppliers go through on a daily basis.

I promise I did not crash. It just fell off. It was the first time I rode the bike etc. Now you need to prove that it is not a stress mark or that it was there when he bought. If you don't replace it he will go only social media and try and flame you.

Maybe this post should wait for Friday :oops:

Friend of mine owns a few brokers.

They caught a guy, who tried to claim a new frame on his warranty, supplier declined.

So he proceeded to drive over his bike with his bakkie, and tried to claim from his insurance saying he "fell".

Friend of mine owns a few brokers.

They caught a guy, who tried to claim a new frame on his warranty, supplier declined.

So he proceeded to drive over his bike with his bakkie, and tried to claim from his insurance saying he "fell".

classy!

Just reply with a link to this thread and we can hear from him. We could all use a few laughs. Tuesdays are hard.

What is a "stress mark"?

I think it's the riffeltjie on his forehead when his wife told him she found the wheels he secretly bought for no good reason... :ph34r:

Archived