Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Hi All

Apologies if this has been answered already but hoping I can get guidance on this one.

I am at Private club (happily getting good discount on my life policies etc. and saving $$$ at CWC).

I did one of the "new" fitness tests around July this year.

From some of the posts here it looks like the recommendation is to get another one done before the end of the year? Have I missed something?

If I don't do this will I loose my current healthy heart status?

Thanks!

Mike

Fitness assessments are valid for 1 year

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, just be careful. I almost bought a R2000 voucher yesterday for Chris Willemse Online, but luckily read the fine print that the voucher is only valid for IN STORE PURCHASES

Guys, just be careful. I almost bought a R2000 voucher yesterday for Chris Willemse Online, but luckily read the fine print that the voucher is only valid for IN STORE PURCHASES

That is very misleading. Online and in store are 2 very different things. Well done for reading the fine print and thanks for the heads up.

Did my fitness assessment yesterday. What a load of bull. The following was tested:

• Height/Weight/Blood Pressure/Estimate body fat %
  • Hand grip test, which I failed miserably for some reason. Did the optional push ups and had to do 49 in 60 seconds. 
  • Resting heart was taken, and did a step test onto a raised platform for 7,5 min. Heart rate was taken after the session, and again after 1 min of rest. 

R395 for this is a ripoff. Luckily managed to get level 5

Did my fitness assessment yesterday. What a load of bull. The following was tested:

• Height/Weight/Blood Pressure/Estimate body fat %
  • Hand grip test, which I failed miserably for some reason. Did the optional push ups and had to do 49 in 60 seconds. 
  • Resting heart was taken, and did a step test onto a raised platform for 7,5 min. Heart rate was taken after the session, and again after 1 min of rest. 

R395 for this is a ripoff. Luckily managed to get level 5

It may be a rip off but you'll make it back in savings quickly I hope. How long did it take? Max 30 min I would say so that is almost R800 an hour earnings for the person doing the test. I am in the wrong industry.

Well done on level 5, had you not made it you would have been even more cross. Any idea what the ladies do? My wife and I are going next Friday.

It may be a rip off but you'll make it back in savings quickly I hope. How long did it take? Max 30 min I would say so that is almost R800 an hour earnings for the person doing the test. I am in the wrong industry.

Well done on level 5, had you not made it you would have been even more cross. Any idea what the ladies do? My wife and I are going next Friday.

With the forms you have to fill in, about 40min. I have no clue what the ladies must do. Maybe the same test, just the values and time will differ.

Still baffled on how a hand strength test is a measure on your upper body strength. I'm by no means a "spier tier", but 90% of my training is lower body and cardio, and 10% swimming. 

i am a Multiply member but on the lowest level and not a premier member. If i register for premier, is there a quick way to boost my Multiply Level up and is it worthit? All i want is a big CWC voucher then I will probably cancel again.

i am a Multiply member but on the lowest level and not a premier member. If i register for premier, is there a quick way to boost my Multiply Level up and is it worthit? All i want is a big CWC voucher then I will probably cancel again.

What products do you have with Momentum? Do you have life insurance for example?

TBH I reckon your easiest way to get that voucher is ask a friend that won't be using it.

It may be a rip off but you'll make it back in savings quickly I hope. 

Agreed on the second part, hence we don't have a choice.

What I still don't agree with is that we now have to fork out and additional R400 x 2 from this year where it was not needed in the past.  The savings are becoming less and less each year.

Agreed on the second part, hence we don't have a choice.

What I still don't agree with is that we now have to fork out and additional R400 x 2 from this year where it was not needed in the past.  The savings are becoming less and less each year.

Yeah for sure, agree with you. At some point it won't be worth it anymore if the current trend carries on. The partners with good discounts that I use has also reduced so don't get as much benefit there(I have tried loot, in fact have an order with them as we speak, but they are a long way off takealot). I have started using the makro vouchers and that is not bad, surprisingly I now buy most of my groceries there with the vouchers and have maxed out my vouchers and only started using them 4 months back(I did buy a tv and laptop though). But other than that I use mango and avis once a year and not much else. I see they have added a few more for next year and non of them I shop at(Woolworths once in a blue moon). I do have ALL my insurance with them(Life, funds at work, car, house, they whole package) and the savings there are insane so even if I just look at that it helps but it's always lekker to be able to use the other features they used to offer.

Just a reminder for those planning to do the Health Assessment soon, try going in a fasted state, it will assist your cholesterol reading favorably, if not possible then at least 3 hours after your last meal or drink. This was literally the difference for me between Amber & Green Healthy Heart Score.

For the Fitness Assessment make sure you're "step up fit". Although I passed the test, Level 5, My muscles were sore for days afterwards as I've not really done step up exercises for a while and my step was set high because of my height, duration was 7,5 minutes (which varies for every individual based on height & weight I think). The same with the pushups, you want to be able to do at least >40 within 60seconds to get a good score. Again sore for days afterwards as I've not done any pushups since the 1st week of lock down when everyone went crazy with the home workouts. Novelty quickly wore off once lockdown was extended. The alternative to pushups is the hand grip strength test. Here you want to score 55kg in each hand to give you a total of 110kg or 60/50 whichever hand is the strongest. I would imagine the best way to prep for this test is to get those spring hand grips / crunch.

Edited by milky4130