What is this Specialized Power saddle all about

Chris NewbyFraser

Heresy I know but maybe look at the Adamo saddle as well. I have a Spez and very happy. A friend also tried Spez but preferred Adamo. Mainly the cut out configuration :eek: .

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the review.

What is the advantage of more weight on the sit bones? Is this more comfortable in your opinion?

I've definitely found mine to be more comfortable on longer rides than any other saddles i've had in the past.  This is probably because you do not get "dead spots" in other areas due to too much pressure there (read:  groin area, or as we Afrikaans okes like to call it, "Jou Tjomma" area).  

Got a test saddle from my local Spez store. Went for a 5h ride (planned to do a quick hour ride to test it). Bought myself one for the roadie. Gotta love how it just works.

I rode a customers bike that has one of these last week, and even just that short ride confirmed to me that I have to get one.  It instantly felt different and better.  

I've been moving my old Spaz saddle from bike to bike and it's now time for an upgrade!

Thanks for the review.

What is the advantage of more weight on the sit bones? Is this more comfortable in your opinion?

More weight on the sit bones means less on the softer bits (nerves, arteries, etc.) which keeps blood flowing where it should be.

I've also recently switched to a power saddle. Although also not a Spez rider (aside from a 10 year old roadie) I recently had a BG Fit done on my MTB with Peet at their Stellenbosch store. 

He gave me a power saddle to test out for a few weeks. After which I promptly bought one.

As others have said it just feels right! 

Although I'd thought my previous saddle (WTB Silverado) was pretty comfy I was unknowingly tilting my hips back to make it more comfortable by keeping pressure on the sit bones and off the squishy bits. The result was that after a few hours of riding my lower back would take strain from the continuous compensation.

With the power saddle my position is more neutral and I'm able to get forward over the bars without unwanted pressure or numbness downstairs. And my back is straighter and less strained on longer rides.

Edit: That's not to say the Power Saddle will be the one for all, but it is worth a try along with their other saddle options. They certainly have done their homework when it comes to contact points.

More weight on the sit bones means less on the softer bits (nerves, arteries, etc.) which keeps blood flowing where it should be.

I've also recently switched to a power saddle. Although also not a Spez rider (aside from a 10 year old roadie) I recently had a BG Fit done on my MTB with Peet at their Stellenbosch store. 

He gave me a power saddle to test out for a few weeks. After which I promptly bought one.

As others have said it just feels right! 

Although I'd thought my previous saddle (WTB Silverado) was pretty comfy I was unknowingly tilting my hips back to make it more comfortable by keeping pressure on the sit bones and off the squishy bits. The result was that after a few hours of riding my lower back would take strain from the continuous compensation.

With the power saddle my position is more neutral and I'm able to get forward over the bars without unwanted pressure or numbness downstairs. And my back is straighter and less strained on longer rides.

Edit: That's not to say the Power Saddle will be the one for all, but it is worth a try along with their other saddle options. They certainly have done their homework when it comes to contact points.

You have described my situation to a T. Exactly!!

Thanks so much for your input and agree that there is no way there is a "one for all" saddle. However, I will definitely be giving one of them a try. Also gatvol of the numbness down below!!

Much appreciated....

I have one of these saddle and it is amazing. I have the 143mm wide one. Its a lot wider than the Fizik that i usually ride which is only 125mm but it feels 100x more comfortable. 

It took a while getting used to sitting on my sit bones instead of my squishy bits but once i got used that it feels amazing. 

Shape sort off looks like the plastic version of the leather brooks Saddles. Should be awesome.  I enjoy my brooks, will look at this the day when the Brooks is done (in a decade or so).

Personally, i'm a Spez Phenom fan but will give the Power a bash some day...cos your @ss deserves the best...hahahaaaa

Phenom is the best but i have to say i bought a power saddle and from the first minute of riding i loved it. No more shifting front and back and my rear is planted in one spot all the time. 

Also it being shorter it does not hook on your bib....

Phenom is the best but i have to say i bought a power saddle and from the first minute of riding i loved it. No more shifting front and back and my rear is planted in one spot all the time. 

Also it being shorter it does not hook on your bib....

+1 to not hooking on the bib. All other saddles i used, used to hook, was super annoying! 

So if I ride a 143mm Phenom based on the Spez assometer should I be looking at the same size Power saddle? I need another saddle for a N+1......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So if I ride a 143mm Phenom based on the Spez assometer should I be looking at the same size Power saddle? I need another saddle for a N+1......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would assume so yes but best to ask the pro's at the Spez store. 

+1 to not hooking on the bib. All other saddles i used, used to hook, was super annoying! 

You do know that the bib straps are supposed to go over your SHOULDERS ?? :w00t: 

I've had a Spez Power test saddle for a few rides now and I'm sold, getting my own fitted right now. It's the most comfortable I've felt since I starting cycling. Compared to the Fizik Gobi I've been using it's very different. I'm now sitting on my sit bones.

Very nice of the Spez shop to loan out these seats, now I have to buy 2 for the road and mtb. 

Archived